2024 edition 31/31

Unfortunately the ones you gave me broke after 1 ride the ones I’m using now I got off Amazon and seem to not be as brittle but maybe already failing. The one on the gravel bike has been problem free so it might just be this one is getting wonky.

are you crashing with them? since i was mostly using them for helmet mounts and they survived pretty well in that environment(i only remember breaking one of them during a ride), i find it hard to believe a handlebar mount would be a harder life.

are you crashing with them? since i was mostly using them for helmet mounts and they survived pretty well in that environment(i only remember breaking one of them during a ride), i find it hard to believe a handlebar mount would be a harder life.
They seemed to be working fine at first. Maybe it’s because I have the light upside down under the mount and not on top of it like it was on your helmet.

3/31
Getting the early shift thing going is tough. 😁
strava8697461646503746678.jpg

Short on time and still easing into it. I went back and looked, this is my 6th year attempting of 8. Wild its been that long. Looked at some of my notes from the original go around it all referenced legs being sore. I was a little stronger of a cyclist back in 2017, but the concept remains the same - just keep moving!

IMG_6763.JPEG

They seemed to be working fine at first. Maybe it’s because I have the light upside down under the mount and not on top of it like it was on your helmet.

maybe? you have peaked my curiosity tho, i used them on the road bike as a blinky as well (i dont recall if i used them with the bontrager mounts which would have also put them upside down or not) If your up for some testing things i can try to print a couple in different orientations to see if they hold up better.

Day 3. Did some recovery gravel and exploring/bushwhacking. Ridewithgps kinda let me down. There was a trail there at some point but it was abandoned long ago. I’ll have to maybe see who owns that plot and clear it out because it could be a sweet bit of trail to link up some good gravel. The bushwhacking was fun until the woods got super thick… ended up backtracking one area and then found a road to nowhere and ended up on a golf course lol. I’m sure they weren’t happy but I wasn’t gonna turn around and backtrack thru. The rest of the ride was primo.

IMG_0516.jpeg
IMG_0517.jpeg

maybe? you have peaked my curiosity tho, i used them on the road bike as a blinky as well (i dont recall if i used them with the bontrager mounts which would have also put them upside down or not) If your up for some testing things i can try to print a couple in different orientations to see if they hold up better.
I’m game to be your beta tester. LMK.

Day 3. Did some recovery gravel and exploring/bushwhacking. Ridewithgps kinda let me down. There was a trail there at some point but it was abandoned long ago. I’ll have to maybe see who owns that plot and clear it out because it could be a sweet bit of trail to link up some good gravel. The bushwhacking was fun until the woods got super thick… ended up backtracking one area and then found a road to nowhere and ended up on a golf course lol. I’m sure they weren’t happy but I wasn’t gonna turn around and backtrack thru. The rest of the ride was primo.

View attachment 242052View attachment 242053
Check for ticks!

7/3/2024
3/31
1:05

legs are tired and the knee I fractured back in October is acting up so just the minimum for me today.

Tried to move a tree off the Columbia trail but the base is still wedged in the ground pretty good. Glad to see all the road crossings finally getting proper signs and lights. Too many asshats speed by and don’t bother stopping.

IMG_8251.jpeg
IMG_8241.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom