5/19 Skyline Ride

Engignar

5:45 Peee Emmm. Who's in? Perfect weather, trails should be in good shape. Top lot or soccer field, I don't care.

85 'porciento' there....

let's do the top lot again...i suspect south of 287 is still messy...

i'll probably bring the little wheelz...:popcorn:

Shag:sleep:????

No cross street that I know of. The parking lot is at the top of Skyline Dr. in Ringwood NJ. I get there by taking the Skyline Dr. exit off 287 and going up the mountain. I didn;t chack but I would venture to guess that the Ramapo State Forest link on the home page would have directions.

What happened Manny?:hmmm:

No cards in the windshield this time.:(

Awesome ride, like always :cool:...this time we stayed on "this side" of Skyline

I think we will alternate every other ride between "this side" & "the other side" ;)

I will tell you what happened! I totally bonked from my run this morn and passed out :eek: and when I woke it was too late to drive ~1h30m on 287N. Traffic woulda had me going bonkers. SORRY! I will plan accordingly next

I had every intention of making this, but had a mishap in the office parking lot prior to heading out. Went to loosen the valve on the front tire to air up and the internals of the UST assembly shot across the parking lot not to be found. Eventually went to Pedal Sports to purchase a new valve assembly (THANKS GUYS), and was too far behind the 8 ball time wise.

Semi-related, I drove to the Skyline lot, which was packed, to put cards on yer windshields, but did not have any with me. I'm sitting in my car getting ready to pull out, and a car pulls into the lot with 2 bikes on the back. 2 guys with cigarettes hanging out of their mouths pull their bikes off the rack and pedal off to the left trail w/o helmets. I just don't get it :rolleyes:

2 guys with cigarettes hanging out of their mouths pull their bikes off the rack and pedal off to the left trail w/o helmets. I just don't get it :rolleyes:

The cigarettes or lack of helmets? Not sure which is more puzzling to me, actually.

A little physics action

I had one of those time stoppage moments last night, mid-endo. As I was going over the bars on a steep descent I thought to myself "I am really high off the ground right now. This is gonna hurt. I then contemplated whether the shorter wheelbase of a 26" bike would make future endos less painful". Then I crashed to the ground. Like a ton of bricks. Or 150 lbs of human.
And a pretty little diagram because I am so busy at work.

Attachments

• OTB.PDF
    43.7 KB · Views: 306
I had one of those time stoppage moments last night, mid-endo. As I was going over the bars on a steep descent I thought to myself "I am really high off the ground right now. This is gonna hurt. I then contemplated whether the shorter wheelbase of a 26" bike would make future endos less painful". Then I crashed to the ground. Like a ton of bricks. Or 150 lbs of human.
And a pretty little diagram because I am so busy at work.

I am both confused and intrigued by your diagram. It almost looks like you endo'ed going uphill, which would have been quite a feat.

Since you're bored at work, why not use Newton's 2nd Law to calculate the force when you hit the ground on your 29er vs. the force that would have been applied had you been on your 26er? (You know, the net force on a particle of constant mass is proportional to the time rate of change of its linear momentum). That ought to spark about 15 pages of debate in the forum.:D

Well, I had the 26" wheels last night and had the same thing happen @ the same spot but I managed to save the endo....so little wheelz win!! :getsome::getsome:

That looks like a road bike :p

Were they in a black jeep?

Were the guys smoking without helmets driving a black jeep wrangler?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions