A Wookies return.....

Frank

Sasquatch
Range day is always fun, but way better with you big guy!! Looking forward to the next one, might be another who can join us as well...and I might crash (read--invite myself to) this Brisbane thing on Sunday...what time is this shindig happening?
Noon!!! That would be awesome!!!!

Frank

Sasquatch
What an awesome day today was!! After the cold of the last few days I was able to venture outside at last. Neuropathy prevents me from doing really cold rides as my feet and hands are effected badly. So with that in mind, 50 degree days work well. An hour before todays ride I got a nice call from @Mitch to start my day. At noon I’m met up with @Juggernaut , @rottin' , and @EMago and we set off for our ride. As I got into the trail I realized I forgot to lock my doors so Eddie volunteered to lock the car for me and on the way picked up @Brian Snyder who parked in the wrong lot. Many laughs were had as Ed and Brian brought up old times and the fun associated with it. These guys were great and tolerated my pace and stops to recharge a bit. What thrilled me to no end was the combination of the ride, the laughs, and the ball busting….I forgot I was sick for a while. That was priceless!!!
So thanks guys for a great ride and @rottin' for the picture…yep, I stole it.
CECDEC70-A379-48B0-8D99-40F59FBCA1FC.jpeg

serviceguy

What an awesome day today was!! After the cold of the last few days I was able to venture outside at last. Neuropathy prevents me from doing really cold rides as my feet and hands are effected badly. So with that in mind, 50 degree days work well. An hour before todays ride I got a nice call from @Mitch to start my day. At noon I’m met up with @Juggernaut , @rottin' , and @EMago and we set off for our ride. As I got into the trail I realized I forgot to lock my doors so Eddie volunteered to lock the car for me and on the way picked up @Brian Snyder who parked in the wrong lot. Many laughs were had as Ed and Brian brought up old times and the fun associated with it. These guys were great and tolerated my pace and stops to recharge a bit. What thrilled me to no end was the combination of the ride, the laughs, and the ball busting….I forgot I was sick for a while. That was priceless!!!
View attachment 206648
Have you thought about a bearded ride?

1speeder

Reading this reminded me of the years I was recovering from treatments, riding with my buddies who got me out, pushed me, and never complained about how slow I was up the climbs or how many times I had to stop and rest to catch my breath along the way. (I'm still the last one to reach the top of climbs 🤣) Those are the friends who really care.

Frank

Sasquatch
Well it’s been a while since I posted on this thread. No updates on my CEA numbers as of late, I will (hopefully) get them tomorrow so it should be a long night tonight. On the good side is that I’ve been riding well for a sick man and recover quickly. I can see my leg and shoulder muscles coming back, which makes me happy as hell! My Oncologist even said he thinks my riding is really helping my condition!!
So for today it’s my usual chemo Tuesday
452740B6-163D-4284-8558-FCA721E0D185.jpeg

The lab is empty in comparison to last month, hopefully they are curing folk and running out of work!!

9DF86DB9-4033-463A-A38C-2C5734EE0AA2.jpeg

You’ve seen pics of Rikki and Kevin before so here are some of my other hero’s! L-R are Alex, Leo, and Kris! Some of you met Kris at the Big C ride. They are still talking about that and they want to put together a “Lab Ride” so they can all ride with me! How could you not love these guys!!!

Frank

Sasquatch
Well I got my CEA results today….not happy as they went UP 400 points from 1632 to 2097. I’m scheduled for a doc visit on Monday so I suppose I will wait and see what he has to say. This is so fucked up because I feel stronger and better than I have in months, but so goes this rollercoaster of this disease….fuck cancer. Perhaps I’m overreacting! As I’m typing this I remember Rikki talking about this kind of stuff and saying “ as long as it doesn’t really jump up, that’s normal”. So I will wait and see what the next chapter of this fucked up book bring.

serviceguy

Well I got my CEA results today….not happy as they went UP 400 points from 1632 to 2097. I’m scheduled for a doc visit on Monday so I suppose I will wait and see what he has to say. This is so fucked up because I feel stronger and better than I have in months, but so goes this rollercoaster of this disease….fuck cancer. Perhaps I’m overreacting! As I’m typing this I remember Rikki talking about this kind of stuff and saying “ as long as it doesn’t really jump up, that’s normal”. So I will wait and see what the next chapter of this fucked up book bring.
It would be interesting to know what is the accuracy and repetitivy of these tests. I believe they're also affected by any inflammation that happens to be active at the time the blood is taken. Who knows. I think that as long as you feel great that is what really matters. You've got the team, the look, the attidude...rock on!

Frank

Sasquatch
Sometimes, you need back up a little before shooting the gap.
I pray that you are right. I’ve been working hard and I admit this test has been weighing heavily on me, that may be why I reacted the way I did on Sunday. But I’m scared and have been every day since my diagnosis, I’m afraid of not making it, and I’m afraid of missing out on all the ball busting rides. But I can be afraid and fight like a motherfucker at the same time and that’s what I will continue to do.

Edit: I’m also so very grateful for the love and support I get from everyone, but especially those who are with all the time.

Frank

Sasquatch
So it’s been a little bit since I updated.
Meeting with the doc went a lot better than I expected it to go, he was not overly concerned about the increase. He said we would continue the regimen and monitor a little more closely. Fast forward to this last week and the numbers went up some more, but not as big a jump. I talked with Nurse Rikki as to whether my pushing myself could have caused the increase and she was doubtful but was quick to remind me that I have cancer and need to let my body fight as well as the chemo. Moving forward I will throttle back a little and not beat myself up at TM sessions and rides. Hopefully the trend will reverse and the numbers will fall again. I would rather stay on this protocol because I can tolerate the side effects pretty well, switching might knock me down again. Cancer sucks, but my support crew keeps me on the positive so you folk are going to be stuck with me for some time yet if I have anything to do with it.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Meeting with the doc went a lot better than I expected it to go, he was not overly concerned about the increase. He said we would continue the regimen and monitor a little more closely. Fast forward to this last week and the numbers went up some more, but not as big a jump. I talked with Nurse Rikki as to whether my pushing myself could have caused the increase and she was doubtful but was quick to remind me that I have cancer and need to let my body fight as well as the chemo. Moving forward I will throttle back a little and not beat myself up at TM sessions and rides. Hopefully the trend will reverse and the numbers will fall again. I would rather stay on this protocol because I can tolerate the side effects pretty well, switching might knock me down again. Cancer sucks, but my support crew keeps me on the positive so you folk are going to be stuck with me for some time yet if I have anything to do with it.
I’m going to hold you to that.

Purl

Promise or a threat?

Frank

Sasquatch
So my latest results came back and now I’m at 2725…not too fucking good. 😞 Doc ordered another CT scan to see wtf is going on and also talked about another protocol. I’m glad he has shit in his back pocket and appears to want to fight as hard as I do/am. It sure what the next one will be, he talked about a pill and I’m not sure if it’s going to be added or replacing something else right now, I will find out before my next scheduled infusion. It’s extremely frustrating and I would rather tell you guys I’m winning, but not yet. It’s like a prize fight, many rounds and lots of beatings but I plan on being around to continue annoying you fine folk for a long time to come.
For now, I will continue to ride, shoot, and do what makes me happy….Fukitol!!!!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
So my latest results came back and now I’m at 2725…not too fucking good. 😞 Doc ordered another CT scan to see wtf is going on and also talked about another protocol. I’m glad he has shit in his back pocket and appears to want to fight as hard as I do/am. It sure what the next one will be, he talked about a pill and I’m not sure if it’s going to be added or replacing something else right now, I will find out before my next scheduled infusion. It’s extremely frustrating and I would rather tell you guys I’m winning, but not yet. It’s like a prize fight, many rounds and lots of beatings but I plan on being around to continue annoying you fine folk for a long time to come.
For now, I will continue to ride, shoot, and do what makes me happy….Fukitol!!!!
Keep on fighting, my brother! You’ve got this! ✊

Ejd

Don't let it get you down. Everybody on here knows you're tough as hell. Come Frank you got this.

Fuck cancer!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So what your telling me is....you just need another ride in the Mustang..No problem!

Top Bottom