A Wookies return.....

So today I hit 62 years old and Iā€™m extremely grateful to have made it this far. Nearly 3 years ago I felt horrible and was diagnosed with devastating news. Two different doctors said ā€œI wish weā€™d gotten this soonerā€ and I was just hoping to make it to Christmas in my 59th year. Every holiday since my diagnosis has been a bit of a personal celebration and I have so enjoyed spending them with family and my family of friends. Itā€™s been rough at times but my crew gets me through it. All you crazy and wonderful people have helped me in so many ways and I will be forever grateful.

No on to 63!!!
HBD brother!

Soā€¦..as the rollercoaster ride goes, my numbers jumped 900 pt to 3500. Itā€™s such a kick in the junk because I feel good, for me anyway. Iā€™m hoping that the jump could be due the the tick bites Iā€™ve had recently. No less than 7 tick bites that formed welts, thankfully no rings, but Iā€™m hoping they skewed the numbers.
The last 7 days were busy as hell for me.
Wednesday was a ride with @cdrmtbiker which was better than I thought it would be.
Thursday was a ride with @Mitch which was blooming amazing.
20230525_155121.jpeg

Friday was another cool ride with @cdrmtbiker, @KenS , and @mergs ā€¦.yes Mergs. He flew into town to deal with business stuff and we got together for the first time in many, many years. It was awesome!
image000002.jpeg

After the ride we got together with @Mitch , @pooriggy , and @Matt for some lunch, laughs, and general good times! Friday was awesome!!
image000000.jpeg

Saturday was a smoke day, 4 racks of ribs..2 baby back and 2 St Louis style.
IMG_1584.jpeg

IMG_1588.jpeg

Yeah, I was pigging out on those for a couple of days!!
I honestly forgot what I did on Sunday, I think I did some hood loops.
Monday was badass! My bro @EMago took me and his wife to the range and we shotā€¦..everything! Such a cool facility and it was fun shooting my big guns again.
IMG_7464.jpeg
IMG_7456.jpeg

70707064788__77D83707-BFE0-4CA0-A102-6BD6DD9F0247.jpeg

So now itā€™s back to reality and back in the lab.
IMG_1602.jpeg

Waiting for those numbers always sucks, sorry to hear about the jump. Did you check with your oncologist if the tick bites can somehow affect the readings? Like you said, the most important thing is that you feel good.

Reunion and shooting range pictures look great, kind of getting me the itch to come down south and go shooting stuff, but I'm not sure of the regulation involved given my immigration status, and the idea of dealing with that kind of dampens my enthusiasm...I guess we'll have to settle for a bike ride!

And no kidding about the blooming amazing ride with @Mitch , two burly, bearded men taking pictures of each other in flowery bushes...

Did you check with your oncologist if the tick bites can somehow affect the readings? Like you said, the most important thing is that you feel
Actually, while I was in ā€œthe chairā€ my doc walked up to me and was talking about how the numbers rise and fall. He also went back to talking about my scans, so he doesnā€™t seem in too much of a hurry to change things just yet. I did ask him if tick bites could skew the numbers and he immediately said noā€¦.then he paused and said if there is any inflammation it could. Then he asked how many and I replied ā€œ8 bites and they all got inflamed and itchy, but happily no rings.ā€ So I may ask him to run for tick borne shit if he doesnā€™t do so himself.

So it was chemo week last week and no riding for me šŸ˜”. Last Monday I went to the Social Security office to apply for Medicare and was quickly told that I do not qualify. Now Iā€™ve been paying $1,100/ month for COBRA coverage, but that will only last until November. Itā€™s pretty fucking sad to pay into a system for over 45 years and get kicked to the curb. So basically I was told no and I walked out of the office extremely dejected.
The next day I started chemo week and everything went as usual except the little guy in me freaking out about my bleak future. Then I heard they would run CEA numbers and that added even more stress. Two weeks prior, they opted not to dose me with the biologic because my blood pressure went up so I was concerned about the results.
Wednesday started with an email from Labcorp saying the bloodwork results were in. I figured the week was already shit so letā€™s see. Good news! CEA numbers went down 100 or so pointsā€¦.nothing huge but Iā€™ll take it.
Thursday started like all others except for a weird thing with my right eye. It was like there was something in it as far as vision is concerned, but it didnā€™t feel like it. Oh great, another drug issue, I hope. I kept it close to the vest as my schedule showed that Dr Amin had scheduled a visit for Mondayā€¦..oh great.
So fast forward to today and my eye had gotten a little worse and I was worried about how today would go. You think by now I would have learned to roll with it better, but that whole living or dying thing kinda stops me from doing that. My appointment was for 3pm and he didnā€™t walk in the examination room until 4:10. I was damn near in a state by the time he arrived and he wasnā€™t too worried about the numbers saying they rise and fall and since I look and feel good, heā€™s happy. Then I brought up the eye and he thinks it could be a restricted blood vessel to my eye effected by my rise in BP so we will monitor that.
So this whole thing is such a roller coaster of emotions that itā€™s hard to keep in check. So I went home after buying low dose aspirin and had my meltdown.
Tomorrow I will go back to the Social Security office and see if I can talk to a supervisor. If I had ALS I could be covered now. Go figure.
But I do look forward to parts of this week as I will be riding with @Juggernaut , @Mitch , @pooriggy and @Matt so that makes me happy. I could use some silliness.
The rest of the week I will be posting tools and other stuff I need to sell because I will have to move, but at least I have some strength to do that. I hope you folks need some stuff!!

Last edited:
So it was chemo week last week and no riding for me šŸ˜”. Last Monday I went to the Social Security office to apply for Medicare and was quickly told that I do not qualify. Now Iā€™ve been paying $1,100/ month for COBRA coverage, but that will only last until November. Itā€™s pretty fucking sad to pay into a system for over 45 years and get kicked to the curb. So basically I was told no and I walked out of the office extremely dejected.
The next day I started chemo week and everything went as usual except the little guy in me freaking out about my bleak future. Then I heard they would run CEA numbers and that added even more stress. Two weeks prior, they opted not to dose me with the biol

Hey Frank when did you qualify for SS disability? You should ne eligible for Medicare 24 months after that date.

Easier said than done, but letā€™s let the Docs do the worrying about the treatment and we can focus on the ā€œCarpe Diemā€ part. I mean you guys can switch rolesā€¦ but itā€™ll probably be a ā€œCFā€.

The Doc seems very invested in your treatment. Thatā€™s a rarer thing than it should beā€¦ but thatā€™s where we are.

I can tell you for certain that my friend who just had a Kidney and a few lymph nodes removed due to a 60mm cancerous mass they found has not had anywhere near that quality of care.

We love you. We are here for you. And we ALL are pulling for you.

Easier said than done, but letā€™s let the Docs do the worrying about the treatment and we can focus on the ā€œCarpe Diemā€ part. I mean you guys can switch rolesā€¦ but itā€™ll probably be a ā€œCFā€.

The Doc seems very invested in your treatment. Thatā€™s a rarer thing than it should beā€¦ but thatā€™s where we are.

I can tell you for certain that my friend who just had a Kidney and a few lymph nodes removed due to a 60mm cancerous mass they found has not had anywhere near that quality of care.

We love you. We are here for you. And we ALL are pulling for you.
My doc seems to like me and is trying his best to do what I need. Again, the rest of the staff are amazing. I found an amazing place.

Back
Top Bottom