Biggest crash in stock market history?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Pretty crazy that someone on the Forbes 400 billionaire list can go from a net worth of $16 billion to negative $200 million in under 24 hours. Cryptos are the biggest scam currently coming unraveled. For the record every one of my accounts is cash at the moment. Even my annuity is in stable value fund. Let’s see what the markets make of the CPI report at 8:30am. It’s sort of comical when we are in a confirmed bear market and simpletons just keep saying buy buy buy. Well guess what, when you leveraged your HELOC loan into shitcos and shitty cryptos you probably don’t have much left to buy with. The fed is removing liquidity(money) from the markets and raising rates. That tells me we are going to have low asset prices and a whole crap load of jobless people. The biggest mistake I made was no lt doing what @Patrick did and take out a HELOC.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Pretty crazy that someone on the Forbes 400 billionaire list can go from a net worth of $16 billion to negative $200 million in under 24 hours. Cryptos are the biggest scam currently coming unraveled. For the record every one of my accounts is cash at the moment. Even my annuity is in stable value fund. Let’s see what the markets make of the CPI report at 8:30am. It’s sort of comical when we are in a confirmed bear market and simpletons just keep saying buy buy buy. Well guess what, when you leveraged your HELOC loan into shitcos and shitty cryptos you probably don’t have much left to buy with. The fed is removing liquidity(money) from the markets and raising rates. That tells me we are going to have low asset prices and a whole crap load of jobless people. The biggest mistake I made was no lt doing what @Patrick did and take out a HELOC.

could have the HELOC at 2% and get 3.5 in a CD! That's living!

FTR we have an equity backed LOC with a zero balance.

and right now VWEAX FTW.

rick81721

Lothar

Cryptos were always speculation. CPI report better than expected, Dow futures over +800 pts. With almost certain repub control of at least the house, Biden isn't recklessly spending any more money so that will help. Still likely mild recession next year, but market will bounce back quickly.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Cryptos were always speculation. CPI report better than expected, Dow futures over +800 pts. With almost certain repub control of at least the house, Biden isn't recklessly spending any more money so that will help. Still likely mild recession next year, but market will bounce back quickly.
I don’t think so. They are sill raising rates til inflation at zero. No change there. My guess is a kneejerk reaction. Where is the liquidity for a bull market going to come from?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
People have taken lots of money out of the market this year. Eventually, they'll presumably put it back in.
Eventually? What does that mean? 2024? The fed took alot of money out this year too and hasn’t stopped. They aren’t pivoting until inflation is crushed.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Is it happening in slow motion? Is crypto crashing the nail in the coffin? Maybe it’s the TSLA AMZN crash happening before your eyes. Or is the fact that the VIX isn’t reacting saying something different? I believe the VIX and SPX will just be the last ones to the party.

Patrick

Staff member
no serious investor did anything more than "be a bit in" in crypto.
it was a game of chicken - a mesh ponzi scheme legitimized by manipulators.
is it a horrible idea? probably not. When i can buy a gallon of milk with it, let me know.

also, let me know when you call the bottom - i think the top was called a couple years early....

Oh, hey, i solved the ticketmaster problem this morning.
here is the deal - they started charging "reseller market value" for tickets - which means the
nice, normal folk that get on the computer or phone and wait can't afford it.
well if it is all blockchain - then if the ticket is never resold or moved from the original "wallet?"
then they should get a reward - perhaps as a refund - or a sellable credit on ticketmaster.
easy peasy. (Registered, Trade Marked, Copyrighted, and whatever else i need for an original idea)

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
is it a horrible idea? probably not. When i can buy a gallon of milk with it, let me know.

also, let me know when you call the bottom - i think the top was called a couple years early....

here is the deal - they started charging "reseller market value" for tickets - which means the
well if it is all blockchain - then if the ticket is never resold or moved from the original "wallet?"
then they should get a reward - perhaps as a refund - or a sellable credit on ticketmaster.
easy peasy. (Registered, Trade Marked, Copyrighted, and whatever else i need for an original idea)
Well yes, I did call it early but only because immediately after they lowered rates and printed a boatload of money. They are raising rates and pulling money out of the system. Liquidity is drying up, inflation is rising and assetts are falling. I think we are relatively close to a cyclical bottom. Maybe sometime beginning of 23. I think the secular blow up may still be a few years away.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do

A $1 trillion sector doesn’t sound petty to me

rick81721

Lothar
"Does the it start today? I’m not very optimistic and may be taking the family to my brother’s house in NH soon where he has lots of guns, ammo and food. The world is in unchartered territory if you ask me."

March 16, 2020

Eventually, a big crash will happen. Will it be the biggest in history? Doubtful.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
"Does the it start today? I’m not very optimistic and may be taking the family to my brother’s house in NH soon where he has lots of guns, ammo and food. The world is in unchartered territory if you ask me."

March 16, 2020

Eventually, a big crash will happen. Will it be the biggest in history? Doubtful.
I think that is not far away but not this time. I mean it could be but I don't think so. Elon is at the border of being margin called. I just read crypto industry was 2.3T not 1T. TSLA and AMZN in full crash mode. So what is really holding SPX up? Hopium I guess.

Patrick

Staff member

March 16, 2020

it already is - in absolute terms.
not even close on a percentage basis.

A $1 trillion sector doesn’t sound petty to me

so you take the top of the market, with a few trades and call that a sector?

blew right through support, and moving averages.....cause there is/was no intrinsic value.

Top Bottom