Camp Cromwell property

Do we know who the trailforks admin is? It would be nice to get this stuff "on the map".

I applied, but I'm assuming there is already someone handling it.

Yeah, I’m one. I can change them all but @Patrick has to promise not to change them all back to CROMWELL.

I'm getting a bunch of trail edit notifications....

1719193354019.gif

Starting behind the basketball court, all the way down to Brookside.
You need to start at the fireplace behind the courts and end at Vosseller for a "true" mile, just watch for the occasional car on Brookside. Still a great 1 kilometer or something...

I’ve been trying to figure out the same, this seems to hit everything.
1.Come in off Brookside, take the gravel up - at the split, I go left down and around the empty lot/pile o’ dirt and then up to the basketball courts.
2. Cut in below the courts and then a left to start down.
3. Follow the flow and stay right at the first fork, get the outer loop.
4. It wraps back around, cross the small concrete bridge, make a right and then cut across the field to the middle flow area. Take that down to the gravel road.
5. Climb the lower gravel road back up to the grey shed, make a right and get the lower flow, which will wrap around to the old drainage area,
6. Climb back up to the top, get to the same intersection you were at at #2 - behind the basketball courts.
7. Seven. Seven. ✋🏼✌🏼 enjoy the best mile of riding in central Jersey.
How many miles did you get?

A friend of my who lives near here said that there are signs that the trail is closed? Is it open for riding without getting in trouble? I have asked him for location of those closed signs to get better idea.

A friend of my who lives near here said that there are signs that the trail is closed? Is it open for riding without getting in trouble? I have asked him for location of those closed signs to get better idea.
Yes it’s official closed as “Under construction”. There are 6 signs along Vosseller Rd to Brookside.

Thank you. Is it still possible to ride without getting in trouble?

Who said it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission?

Admiral Grace Hopper

This is poorly interpreting Grace Hopper's, “Ask forgiveness, not permission.” First of all, many people don't know that Admiral Grace Hopper said that; the attribution. But also, they don't realize what she was talking about. Admiral Hopper said many, many noteworthy things in her day.Aug 7, 2019

Who said it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission?

Admiral Grace Hopper

This is poorly interpreting Grace Hopper's, “Ask forgiveness, not permission.” First of all, many people don't know that Admiral Grace Hopper said that; the attribution. But also, they don't realize what she was talking about. Admiral Hopper said many, many noteworthy things in her day.Aug 7, 2019

I thought it was Gov Christie after Sandy....
or was that 'do the needful' ?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions