Chimney Rock Conditions

Small Widowmaker tree on white along the pond side. Hung up so we couldn't move it and didn't bring a saw. Will get to it tomorrow or Tuesday after work if someone doesn't get to it first

Did White, Red, Blue, and White again. Tree on White still there, but not in any blind spot so easy to see beforehand. Some runoff on Red and Blue in the usual spots, otherwise pristine.
I almost got clothes lined by that tree, but maybe I was just not very observant. Will bring the Silky hand saw and hit it after work tomorrow

Trees on blue and white are taken care of. If anyone sees something else, please post up.

I almost got clothes lined by that tree, but maybe I was just not very observant. Will bring the Silky hand saw and hit it after work tomorrow
@qclabrat
I could not find this nor could a local I asked to take a look. I'm assuming you are not talking about the tree branch that is growing across the trail that has been there for as long as I've been riding there. If by some chance it is, please do not remove this as it's a unique trail feature.

Last edited:
Trees on blue and white are taken care of. If anyone sees something else, please post up.

@qclabrat
I could not find this nor could a local I asked to take a look. I'm assuming you are not talking about the tree branch that is growing across the trail that has been there for as long as I've been riding there. If by some chance it is, please do not remove this as it's a unique the trail feature.
I'm thinking that's what @qclabrat is talking about; if so, like @Kirt said, please do not remove it. The problematic one is an entire tree, I'd say about 2' in circumference, laying across the trail on a straightaway along the pond.

EDIT- just read that you took care of it, lol. Thanks @Kirt!!!

@qclabrat
I could not find this nor could a local I asked to take a look. I'm assuming you are not talking about the tree branch that is growing across the trail that has been there for as long as I've been riding there. If by some chance it is, please do not remove this as it's a unique trail feature.
Nope not that one, I love that crooked tree. Plan on taking a hike there after work, but seems it may already been dealt with

This one on white to the right not far from the stream crossing by Newmans lot
PXL_20221011_222537271.jpg

It really didn’t rain a whole lot up here. I think it will be perfectly fine in the morning.

Yeah, after the heavier rain stopped, it sprinkled for rest of the night. Not looking good for Friday am. I’ll post up if I take a bike or hike here this w/e of course. Better bet may be Nassau, Columbia, D&R, RV or any other trail that shrugs off rain better.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions