Evoc Trail Builders Pack

mtn

The Dakine 40l is off the table. Any input on if either the Evoc or Dakine 25l holds the saw closer to your back? And which has more of a “frame”?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
The Dakine 40l is off the table. Any input on if either the Evoc or Dakine 25l holds the saw closer to your back? And which has more of a “frame”?
I can’t speak to comparing those two but the EVOC has the chainsaw holder on the back of the bag, so if you have a lot of stuff in the interior pockets, it will be on the outside of that. That being said, when I have a need for a chainsaw, I am typically not hauling other stuff in the bag. Also, you have to take into consideration where the blade sits, I position the blade away from my back, so it gives some room that it doesn’t hit your helmet, so you can put it with the blade close to your back but it’s going to be banging you in the back of the head unless the handle of your saw slides further into the bottom of the pack

Last edited:

mtn

I
Better question is did you buy that bullit
lol no. Fit well though and is 14lbs lighter than my Commencal with less travel. Maybe Santa Cruz has a good will fund that can cover the amount down to where I need to be at.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Backpack works great. So much easier to pull the saw out compared to ruck sacks. One downside is that the hip “buckle” is more annoying to use than a regular clasp.

it is really fun when you forget to unclasp it, and let the shoulder straps down with a saw in the pack....AMHIK

Top Bottom