Fat Bike Thanksgiving @ 6-Mile

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Hey peeps, a bunch of the HGC Fat Bike Crew will be hitting 6-Mile Thanksgiving morning @ 8am.

Nice and early to beat the thaw, the traffic, and get home to some good 'ole fashioned Tofurkey :D

Meet in the Canal side lot off Blackwells Mills Road.

Plan on 2-3 hours of ride time.

DO FAT BIKES SON!!

-Jim.

I rode there this AM from 6:30 to 9:00 on the Mukluk. Trails were nice and hard for most of the ride, but sunnier spots (like the blue trail through the field on Canal side) were starting to soften toward the end.

Once again a stellar job by Jason and crew getting it all clear. I only noted three "climb over" blowdowns left:

2 on the blue (at upper right of box B2 on this map:

http://www.mtbnj.com/w/images/thumb...3.jpg/800px-SixMileRunStatePark_r20090923.jpg

Of course there is the shortcut you can take just to the south.

1 on the red trail near the junction with orange (upper right corner of box G6 in the above map).

I also rode the two new bridges on eastern end of red...nice bridge/trail work (as always) getting in and out of that gully. Didn't have time to ride White, but suspect from others' reports its fine too.

Enjoy your ride and Happy Thanksgiving.

White is in good shape...rode it clockwise and counter(fun in either direction) this morning(I think I came across you a couple times? Was in blue kit with another guy in blue kit) on the loops. Great job by Jason as usual!! Thanks Bro!!

Brian

I believe these are trail obstacles now ?.?
will snap some pics to document.

Once again a stellar job by Jason and crew getting it all clear. I only noted three "climb over" blowdowns left:

2 on the blue (at upper right of box B2 on this map:

http://www.mtbnj.com/w/images/thumb...3.jpg/800px-SixMileRunStatePark_r20090923.jpg

Of course there is the shortcut you can take just to the south.

1 on the red trail near the junction with orange (upper right corner of box G6 in the above map).

I believe these are trail obstacles now ?.?
will snap some pics to document.

Nope, the ones I came across were actual blowdowns...I did see others with cutouts and ramps, but the 3 I'm referring to are definitely blowdowns. If you take a few pics at the locations above, send 'em to Jdog.I emailed him to let him know. They're not critical to remove right now as 99.99% of the park is clear, but good for him to have a record as and when time allows.

Brian, good to run into you today.

Last edited:
I'll be there on a fatty. Don't wait for me though. Don't know if I will make it there by 8am.

Kerri

I'll be there on a fatty. Don't wait for me though. Don't know if I will make it there by 8am.

Kerri

The chances of us actually leaving the parking lot before 8:30 or so would be a remarkable feat in and of itself!!

We'll see you there :D

-Jim.

Thank you for the map link Jim. 6mi is 15min from my House and I have ridden it once. :eek:

And you can add another Vegitarian to the fat bike team.

Soy Life! :getsome:

Fatness before and after. Great riding with you guys and girls.

Attachments

• Six Mile Fatties.jpg
    Six Mile Fatties.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 286
  • Six Mile Fatties 2.jpg
    Six Mile Fatties 2.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 270
Fun times indeed. We'll need to get more fat rides going!! Great to see Kerri out there on a Pug. Sorry Shawn got popped, our rides are generally a tad bit faster than some would expect.

I nearly worked out how to get from my house in Piscataway to 6-Mile without touching any pavement :D

Here's the loop with riding to/from.

http://app.strava.com/activities/28983235

561695_4924538953256_1445592739_n.jpg

-Jim.

3,769 calories! Jim your a madman.

Sorry I missed it, but I hosted thanksgiving at my house and ate 3,769 calories.

Last edited:
6-mile was over-run by fat bikes today. Crazy. I met up with a total stranger who let me borrow his Mukluk 2 for a mile or so. Momentum riding at it's finest.

Back
Top Bottom