Flow State 2024

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not sure if many people have done this before, but this is on the July 26-28 weekend.

Link here:

I did this a few years ago, was a decent little festival. I was entertained that a lot of people went up expecting flow trails, only to later realize that "flow state" was referring to the state of mind of mountain bike riding. Ascutney is probably not really on the forefront of flow trails, especially at that point. Since then, they've added some flow/jump lines on 1 of the old ski hill sides. Last I saw that was still "emerging," I guess you could say.

At that point it was very low-key, I would say smaller than JORBAfest at the time. It may have grown since then, maybe not. If things line up, I would go again. I always enjoy Vermont and wrapping a festival around it is cool. As expected, the food was astoundingly expensive.

While it's a long drive for many, I ended up seeing at least a dozen people up there that I knew. Did some rides with @V-Dub as well as Johnny G. Tried to ride with @KenS but somehow, even though we were sort of in the same spot at the same time, it didn't work out.

This was day 2. DVW and I managed to find some random offshoot of a trail. Solid day. Would go back.

ZR6OC2d.jpg

Not sure if many people have done this before, but this is on the July 26-28 weekend.

Link here:

I did this a few years ago, was a decent little festival. I was entertained that a lot of people went up expecting flow trails, only to later realize that "flow state" was referring to the state of mind of mountain bike riding. Ascutney is probably not really on the forefront of flow trails, especially at that point. Since then, they've added some flow/jump lines on 1 of the old ski hill sides. Last I saw that was still "emerging," I guess you could say.

At that point it was very low-key, I would say smaller than JORBAfest at the time. It may have grown since then, maybe not. If things line up, I would go again. I always enjoy Vermont and wrapping a festival around it is cool. As expected, the food was astoundingly expensive.

While it's a long drive for many, I ended up seeing at least a dozen people up there that I knew. Did some rides with @V-Dub as well as Johnny G. Tried to ride with @KenS but somehow, even though we were sort of in the same spot at the same time, it didn't work out.

This was day 2. DVW and I managed to find some random offshoot of a trail. Solid day. Would go back.

ZR6OC2d.jpg
Up at the quarry, right?

This is a place on my “to do” list. With the additional trails in Woodstock the weekend can be a mix of festival and town.

Back
Top Bottom