Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Dramatic and exciting finish to the Giro. The last TT was intense and the sprint into Rome was pretty awesome. Maybe too good? I'm not trying to give any spoilers away yet. I'm glad I signed up for GCN so I was able to watch. Geraint Thomas is such a class act from start to finish. I"m kinda sad that he's towards the end of his career but happy he is still killing it!
Yes, doesn’t get much better than that for the final TT. Does anyone else feel like they let him win the last stage? I guessing having some of Your buddies do a lead out for you is part of it…including Thomas. Was reminiscent of wiggo in yellow leading him out on the champs

xc62701

Does anyone else feel like they let him win the last stage? I guessing having some of Your buddies do a lead out for you is part of it…including Thomas. Was reminiscent of wiggo in yellow leading him out on the champs.

I felt the same way. Considering most of the other sprints were won by a tire this one seemed kinda fishy for two bike lengths, but a lot of people were helping him get there. Milan dropped his kick early but he was sprinting for EVERYTHING else - could been gassed? Ackerman was in the barriers so he was out. Gaviria went too early. Maybe it was just perfect timing 🤷🏻‍♂️

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I felt the same way. Considering most of the other sprints were won by a tire this one seemed kinda fishy for two bike lengths, but a lot of people were helping him get there. Milan dropped his kick early but he was sprinting for EVERYTHING else - could been gassed? Ackerman was in the barriers so he was out. Gaviria went too early. Maybe it was just perfect timing 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes, gaviria basically finished his lead out haha. It’s going to be amazing if wins a tour stage. If the entire British squad at the tour helps out it is probably achievable assuming they can bury the Belgians on that day.

xc62701

Yes, gaviria basically finished his lead out haha. It’s going to be amazing if wins a tour stage. If the entire British squad at the tour helps out it is probably achievable assuming they can bury the Belgians on that day.
I’ll be eagerly anticipating that story for sure. So will Merckx.

krink

Eddie Munster
Gino Mader, 26, from the Bahrain Victorious team crashed and perished today, Stage 5 Tour de Suisse. Went into a ravine, sustained serious injuries and could not be resuscitated.

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Pre-Ride entertainment…☕️
IMG_5516.jpeg

krink

Eddie Munster
Was in Edinburgh for the start of the elite road WC and then hopped a train for the finish in Glasgow.

Wout and Podacar stoped to chat right in front of us 5 minutes before the neutral start.
1691360664745.jpeg

1691360891097.jpeg

Gaviria
1691361026376.jpeg

Always liked Rigo
1691361121785.png

1691361371580.png

Screen cap from vid of MVDP.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OK right thread this time:

Is anyone else following la vuelta? This has to the most entertaining GC of the year. The jumbo visma team drama is so compelling I really can’t wait for tomorrow.
I think you’re right, I wish I had been making time to at least watch the highlights, I’m only following in print and it pops off the page-
This would make an awesome season of Unchained

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
OK right thread this time:

Is anyone else following la vuelta? This has to the most entertaining GC of the year. The jumbo visma team drama is so compelling I really can’t wait for tomorrow.
What looked to be the most boring turned out to be great with the in team fighting.

krink

Eddie Munster
Anyone watching the CX, classics or early tours? Tadej and MVDP look amazing, Wout looks fat and Remco still cries like a baby. Good times.

Top Bottom