Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

It's at the intersection of Many Log Run and Meadow Run. Here's what it looked like on Feb 7.

IMG_6352.jpg

IMG_6353.jpg

Have to be honest, haven't been thru recently --I don't know what the symbolism is of these, what can anyone tell me?

Sometimes a brick tower is just a brick tower. There is a pile of loose bricks around the base. Looks to me like someone built a tower with the bricks. It would change slightly with time as people passing by would add bricks from all the loose ones around the base. The cross was added at Christmas.

Have to be honest, haven't been thru recently --I don't know what the symbolism is of these, what can anyone tell me?
I'm not sure if there is much symbolism involved but rather folks just wanting to express themselves and leave their mark.

The fact that someone toppled this jenga cairn is not too upsetting imo, it simply starts the process over again with a chance for more play time.

not to mention those bricks were probably just illegally dumped there in the first place - not some historical relic.

The work clearing invasives in the lower middle of Grand Tour is massive. Huge area cleared. Needs to be repopulated with natives or the invasives will happen.

The work clearing invasives in the lower middle of Grand Tour is massive. Huge area cleared. Needs to be repopulated with natives or the invasives will happen.
Thank you for noticing. The restoration of this area is ongoing, there is plans to seed with native grasses to restore the meadow area. We have a lot of plans for this area, stay tuned for volunteer opportunities.

I was at hartshorne yesterday, we cleaned up more invasives in rocky point. The trails looked great! Go out and ride them.
What Bob said.

Rocky Point trail, Before

March 9 Rocky Point Before.jpg

After
March 9 Rocky Point After.jpg

Working with staff and volunteers on Rocky Point trail. Clearing deadfall buried underneath invasives, then clearing invasives. This is now easier to maintain in the future.

March 9 Rocky Point.jpg

I plan on doing the loop this weekend starting from the new lot on Locust Ave. Laurel Ridge to Grand Tour to Rocky Point Which is more challenging, clock-wise or counter?

How challenging do you want it? Ride up Laurel Ridge and at the intersection make a left and go up Grand Tour and stay on it going CCW until you get to the "Gator".

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions