Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

In from out of town and trying to find something on the trail status for Hartshorne. Cannot find anything. Everything I'm reading says it drys really quickly, do you think it'll be okay for this afternoon?

In from out of town and trying to find something on the trail status for Hartshorne. Cannot find anything. Everything I'm reading says it drys really quickly, do you think it'll be okay for this afternoon?
Nope. Huber Hart won’t be dry today, with all the rain last night it will take a day or two minimum. It ain’t Allaire.

It should be good. Post up what you find.

Saturday's storm was weird. Judging by the trails, Allaire had a lot of precipitation in a short period. I live 4 miles as the crow flies from Huber and it was mostly a light show.

Actually rode yesterday morning. Trails were really primo.

The reroute on the horseshoe turn on rocky point is really nice. It really opens the turn up. Much needed!!

Good to hear - I've been meaning to go over to get test runs on it.

Here are a couple pics from when I left on Monday. It needs some more fine tuning and finish work but the layout is mostly there. Lots of bench cutting!

Looking down:
IMG_8108.jpeg

Looking up:
IMG_8107.jpeg

This devils elbow section on Rocky Point has bugged me for awhile, the turn was horrible...bofe em. I call this area Devils Elbow Dilemma.

Don and I went back and forth on the reroute options and like a band rehearsing a song, we finally nailed it.

Like Don said, we have some more work to do, but the turn is there, everything else will just be the tie in.

Also in the works is a reroute on Grand Tour near the recently cleared area.

If you want to be a part of the cool stuff happening at Hartshorne, come join us.

We work Mondays 9am-12pm on trails and Thursdays 10-12pm doing vegetation work. Reach out to me for details.

I don't have Saturdays planned, and honestly, Saturday doesn't yield much more mtbers...that's there day to go ride.

Brian, @don @knobbyhead

20230403_120811.jpg

Clearing for new trail.
20230406_120030.jpg

good chatting with you monday, that looks great. much appreciated.
Thanks - haha - I was thinking you were on here (mtbnj) after you left. Hope the rest of the ride was fun! Those were some perfect riding (and digging) conditions on Monday.

Just a heads up that the recently cleared area part of grand tour appears to be closed

Attachments

• IMG_1198.jpeg
    IMG_1198.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 108
Nice rebuild of that really bombed section in Huber - the section with the log “steps”that gets washed out literally every storm lol

They completely retired the old bombed out trail and re-routed a really nice flowy trail that zig-zags up/down the hill (rather than straight down like the old trail which is presumably what made it unsustainable).

This section went from easily the worst trail segment to arguably the nicest (certainly when it’s a little more worn in).

Kudos to those that did it

Nice rebuild of that really bombed section in Huber - the section with the log “steps”that gets washed out literally every storm lol

They completely retired the old bombed out trail and re-routed a really nice flowy trail that zig-zags up/down the hill (rather than straight down like the old trail which is presumably what made it unsustainable).

This section went from easily the worst trail segment to arguably the nicest (certainly when it’s a little more worn in).

Kudos to those that did it
You're welcome😃
20230515_120646.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions