Is a gravel bike slowly reverting back to a mountain bike?

99% of people have no clue what tires are fast. Just doing minor research I’ll show you that tubeless is slightly lighter and slightly more efficient than latex tubes which are significantly more efficient than butyl rubber tubes. I know people that don’t run inserts because they think they are slow and create friction, etc. etc. Guess what certain pro rider with the initials MVDP one the Paris Roubaix on road tires with inserts? Specialized XC racer one the World Cup on 2.5” tires? Would you ever believe that a wider and heavier tire would be able to a higher speed especially when it’s hold all of that extra air?

99% of people have no clue what tires are fast. Just doing minor research I’ll show you that tubeless is slightly lighter and slightly more efficient than latex tubes which are significantly more efficient than butyl rubber tubes. I know people that don’t run inserts because they think they are slow and create friction, etc. etc. Guess what certain pro rider with the initials MVDP one the Paris Roubaix on road tires with inserts? Specialized XC racer one the World Cup on 2.5” tires? Would you ever believe that a wider and heavier tire would be able to a higher speed especially when it’s hold all of that extra air?
Which pro rider?

Off-Road, yes. The Pro Tour has gone back to traditional tire/tube combos during TT Stages because it’s faster than Tubeless.

Which World Cup pro rider?

This is all stupid. The argument should be:

DHF/DHRII or Assegai/DHRII? There shouldn't be other tire questions.
I would never guess in a million years that I would partecipate in a gravel thread, but this could not be ignored…DHF/DHRII. Or Xynotal/Kryptotal Rear.

Truth. I flatted again on new maxxis compound last night at cr. I basically went about 8 years on maxxis with 1-2 minor flats and they fuck it all up with this new maxxspeed bs compound(yes still using the exo/tr version).

DHRii of DH and park but is a pig for
Anything else. Put a high roller ii in the rear and thank me later. Its like a mini DHR and rolls better.

Back
Top Bottom