Is this I9 hub failing?

TommyF

Just pulled the cassette to clean and grease the hub and I don't like what I see.
20230414_184156.jpg

02camaro

email i9, they took care of me when without hesitation even though i was outside warranty. ive heard nothing but great things about their customer service from others as well.

but with that said what exactly is the issue here?

TommyF

This will be the 2nd I9 failed hub on this bike in less then a year. The front hub cracked last year, which was an odd failure and now this. Going to discuss some options at my LBS this afternoon. Time to get the Fuel out and give it a once over while the Switchblade is down again. Might be time for NBD, I'm averaging one a year, my other half will kill me...
I did email I9, would be nice if they took care of this under warranty. The issue is the engagement ring is all cracked, I'm surprised it wasn't giving me any notice of the failure.

The Kalmyk

Yes they are heavy but so damn fast. I put these on a wheelset and did a long downhill I’m familiar with in a race and almost 💩 my pants.

I opted for lower rolling resistance over the weight penalty. The difference in weight is so nominal that i figured moving around like a ninja was more important 😆

Top Bottom