Looking for a good inexpensive tire

Specialized-Ed

Looking for a good 26" tubed tire without breaking the bank. My tires are finally at the point of replacement, any suggestions and prices would be helpfull thanks.

Tires

I love the Kenda Nevegal Stickie E ($30.00) but it is not a tire for every application. As it is not the fastest rolling tire.

Your bike, terrain and riding style should determine your tire.

Your bike, terrain and riding style should determine your tire.

I agree. I always had wtb weirwolf as a 26" tire, and put the rear one on backwards for extra climbing capacity/traction for chimney rock style riding. I moved to the exiwolf 29er tires for singlespeed.

What tires break the bank? Most are in the 50 to 80 range for a tubeless race tire.

I ran a Velociraptor front/rear on my old 26er for years. Great dependable tire with great traction and cornering.

As you are getting, personal preference, riding location and style are key factors in the tire equation.

I ran the Weirwolf's briefly- I just found I needed something more aggressive,
for my style they were great in less rocky/rooty parks,
but for that stuff I wanted bigger knobs, to hell with rolling resistance.

Last edited:
SB8 vs. Ignitor

So I take it SB8s are a faster rolling tire then the ignitors.. I have afull set of both and 2 sets of rims now so trying to figure out my tire setups.. I plan on doing some longer rides/races this year ..any thoughts?

So I take it SB8s are a faster rolling tire then the ignitors.. I have afull set of both and 2 sets of rims now so trying to figure out my tire setups.. I plan on doing some longer rides/races this year ..any thoughts?

SB8 rear / Ignitor front. Or Ignitor front and rear. The ignitor is a great all arounder. I wouldn't run SB8's up front unless you will be riding alot of road/gravel/smooth singletrack.

if you like knobs and don't mind a slower rolling tire the panaracer fire x/c is always a good deal. it comes in a 2.1. just make sure you get the right tpi version. there's a crappy version out there.

Back
Top Bottom