Losing a summer and tossing out a fall.

That plate and the screws are still in there?? :eek: When do they come out? Read thru the first few posts quickly on the train this morning still half asleep, but now rereading everything, I think there have been some good points made. Doc says 6 months?? I think I'd recuse myself to flat roads mostly with minimal climbing... That can be really stressful on that area. SuperCross course is same venue as Westwood, but the course is usually more difficult.... was a mudfest last year. Honestly, I'm not sure what I'd do in your situation, but I'm pretty sure I'd make sure it's fully healed before risking reinjuring it. Good luck man. I'll try to remember to swing by the booth at GFNJ if my brain's not too cooked afterwards. Subscribed..

Steve - I appreciate your enthusiasm & energy because CrossIsAwesome and @Delish and I are always thrilled to see you out there.
HOWEVER, you need to give your body time to heal. Even a minor crash with a wheel washing out could put you back at square one. Nittany even when it's dry gets dusty and esp in the Cat 5 field you have a risk of crashing through no fault of your own.

@Santapez subscribed, great write up Steve and heal up well
I don't know squat about CX, but know after pre-riding the Marty's course last year it wasn't for me
That said I'm still looking to do one this year for giggles
do have one question though, you and others mention crashing as a way to re-injure the collarbone, but what about shouldering the bike
Can't tell which side broke and so may be moot

look... i have to live with the guy...

AND I DO NOT WANT HIM RACING YET

but he won't listen to me. :(

i think he should just go out and ride and ease back into things. i know he's bored with rail trails and road rides and the trainer and stuff... but his clavicle took one major f-ing hit. let's not go and do more damage because of some ego thing. the races can wait.

Racing in 2016 is stupid.

But I understand stupid and usually it's impossible to talk sense into stupid.

start slow, shoulder a few links of sausages and see how it feels
disappointed, not able to find real sausages on shoulders on google
todo_sausage-queen_photo-provided-by-steven-hampton,-brewery-district.jpg

Plate stays in for at least a year. Doctor would prefer I keep it in for life. Considering how I have some issues with back packs and seat belts it's pretty likely I'm going to have it out. I was told there's a good chance I would need it out as I'm thin with no padding in that area.

Plate coming out means 6 weeks of healing as I'll have a bone with 11 holes in it. Fine with that as I can schedule that around holidays and winter.

I want it out as the risk of falling on it with the plate in and causing worse damage is there.

And yeah. I may toss out this whole season, we'll see.

forget racing CX and do some gravel grinders. @ajcourain and I are looking to do some this fall
That sounds dangerous. :)

Actually in the whole mix of things the one thing I've been meaning to do is more adventurous rides. It's been a pain trying to fit them into my schedule.

My bike touring partner lives in Boston so I'm going to try to get in some small multi-day trips in MA/VT. Western MA and VT are absolutely beautiful for road riding and the only thing that would get me interested in being on the road. If the scheduling works out I would definitely be in for some fall gravel rides.

I'm a bit bothered the Octoberfest woman that QCLabrat posted is a cutter and nobody mentioned that.

That sounds dangerous. :)

Actually in the whole mix of things the one thing I've been meaning to do is more adventurous road/gravel/touring rides. It's been a pain trying to fit them into my schedule.

My bike touring partner lives in Boston so I'm going to try to get in some small multi-day trips in MA/VT. Western MA and VT are absolutely beautiful for road riding and the only thing that would get me interested in being on the road. If the scheduling works out I would definitely be in for some fall gravel rides.

I'm a bit bothered the Octoberfest woman that QCLabrat posted is a cutter and nobody mentioned that.

It's all dangerous. Start living fast or dying slow. Race your bike.

Subscribing to this

Back
Top Bottom