Losing a summer and tossing out a fall.

is there a grinder schedule?
giphy.gif

I think there's an app for ios and Android for the grinder events.

The events can come to you.

I was in your same position last year (April). I have 7 screws and a plate. Even a year+ later I get apprehensive about certain simple log overs or obstacles, that I used to ride over effortlessly.

Start by giving yourself manageable goals - if you set them too big and you fall short, you dont want it to be discouraging - especially racing - "Last year I finished 5th, now I'm 12th" - don't get bummed, the key is you finished! You'll get stronger and more confident over time, just hard to realize where you are sitting now.

I also take a calcium/magnesium/zinc supplement to keep the bones strong. With the plate the edges can point load and it could break at that point if you fall in the right spot. Stay on top of the PT. I still have some rotator cuff pains every now and again. I use those strengthening exercises and stretches all the time. Oh and chicks do really dig scars.

So maybe I can ask this question and get an answer here...

Anyone here track their heart rates and deal or know what would cause a high heart rate on waking?

I've been tracking my heart rate since May. For awhile my heart rate upon waking and the usual variance was ~50-60bpm.

Suddenly starting late July I've been seeing my waking heart rates bounce from low 50s to low 80s. Last two weeks have been high 70s especially.

Not much has really changed with diet/exercise/stress/sleep/etc in that time.

Anyone have an idea? This is pre-coffee/breakfast or sitting while calmly eating breakfast. I usually try to take the reading after sitting for a minute so walking around isn't affecting it. The last few days I kept the HRM on while sitting and didn't see it fall.

I feel like my HRM isnt great when its thats low....Usually means im not sweating very much...in which case, it works like shit.

Dehydration is a possibility. I've been actively trying to keep up water and salt intake since starting Keto about 4 months ago. I do have to say I drink a ton of water before sleep where I piss out a ton.

My breakfast (which I eat after or while doing the heart rate) is eggs (not blow) and I put table salt and nu-salt for potassium on them. The only changes in my breakfast are throwing some cheese on the eggs or scrambling them instead of sunny side up...

The other data points which only concern me because of the waking heart rate is my last two 5k runs were at the highest heart rates I think I've ever had during race, especially this week. Last week I wrote it off to not running for 7 weeks. This week I was pushing that edge of throwing up pace. Considering the not-too-slow of a time (fr me) especially with not running and it being a gazillion degrees and humid as heck I'm not too concerned about that. Need more data points on that I guess.

I would also suggest maybe you're just sick. We've had some dogshit cold in the house for almost 2 weeks and it kind of waxes & wanes. Maybe you just have the same dogshit cold.

need a new heart rate monitor?

because *someone's* birthday is coming up and *someone's* girlfriend needs gift ideas

Assuming it's not HR monitor shenanigans, my garmin will either drop 50% of my beats or gradually double them up when the strap is reaching EOL BTW....

Heat causes the heart to work harder as does general fatigue. If you were in a "training" phase id just chalk it up to your body needing a little more recovery. But with your going crazy not being on the bike, heat or illness are the most likely culprits.

I'm using a Wahoo Tikr because it's bluetooth using my phone and tracking through EliteHRV. Checking later in the day my heart rate will be ~60bpm so it's an upon waking thing. The meter is pretty consistent if I wet the electrodes well. If they're not wet yes it'll read super-high unreliable readings. I actually ordered electrode gel from Amazon...

Air conditioned condo, not sure how heat is affecting me. Joy turned it on while I was in the hospital in June and it's been on ever since since global warming turns out to be real this summer.

Did I mention I went into the hospital at the same time the cat went to the feline hospital? I think she put the air conditioning on because of him and not me, but I'll just leave that alone.

Assuming it's not HR monitor shenanigans, my garmin will either drop 50% of my beats or gradually double them up when the strap is reaching EOL BTW....

Heat causes the heart to work harder as does general fatigue. If you were in a "training" phase id just chalk it up to your body needing a little more recovery. But with your going crazy not being on the bike, heat or illness are the most likely culprits.

Back
Top Bottom