Mahlon Dickerson Reservation Conditions

Second time I am saying this today - I am not that bright. And if you are as gracious as the other person, your response would be "It's cool. It's not very intuitive."

Last edited:
Second time I am saying this today - I am not that bright. And if you are as gracious as the other person, your response would be "It's cool. It's not very intuitive."

I was thinking something along the lines of a bag of rocks, but what the heck, I'll go with that.

last rode WMA on Sunday . it was pretty wet and muddy in the usual wet and muddy spots .:)

Plan to ride late tomorrow morning for 1 or two WMA laps .

gate was still closed on Sunday .

rode last night sort of... trails were wet and I was with two other buffoons the three of us couldn't get our act together. It was really sad sight. Tim and I were struggling. Steve lost his key to his rack and eventually lost some knobby thing to his suspension. After what seemed like 45 minutes we get riding and I realize my rear brake is shot and is unridable. So I hop on my cx bike to at least ride the rail trail. Before we even get to the trails Tim fails. So at that point we humbly turn around and go home...

Based on the last time I rode, the trails were very wet, slick and heavily eroded in places.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gates open today. Maybe closed gates is a Sunday thing...

Just back from WMA ride , still a puddle or two and some mud that is drying out . I cleared the debris again from the pipe in order to let the water flow through it and not around it .
Otherwise very dry and lots of fun .

Main lot ---> gate CLOSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rode mahlon for the first time today. downloaded anrother's gps file so i think i covered alot of the park. conditions were very good a little mud, and a couple of downed trees that i had to route around. this is a very fun place to ride! can't wait to try it again. this time counterclockwise.

http://connect.garmin.com/player/119773259

rode mahlon for the first time today. downloaded anrother's gps file so i think i covered alot of the park. conditions were very good a little mud, and a couple of downed trees that i had to route around. this is a very fun place to ride! can't wait to try it again. this time counterclockwise.

http://connect.garmin.com/player/119773259

My legs would fall off if I ran 27 miles in one day up there. Wow!

Single Speed, no less: exploration ride 32x20

I guess I need to be specific...ball park/picnic area lot gates open today :eek:
I knew what you meant as that is the ONLY parking area (that counts) as far as I am concerned.

Single Speed, no less: exploration ride 32x20

I knew what you meant as that is the ONLY parking area (that counts) as far as I am concerned.

Ah, I remember when I was in decent enough shape to SS up there. Memories...

True dat...all the cool kids roll from the picnic/ball park area. Pond parking is for the wannabe's :D

Ah, I remember when I was in decent enough shape to SS up there. Memories...

True dat...all the cool kids roll from the picnic/ball park area. Pond parking is for the wannabe's :D

Bite me you two kit wearing , matchy , match Tools .:) We're bored rolling out from the ballfield/ picnic area / bathrooms / fitness area . We needed a change .

Bite me you two kit wearing , matchy , match Tools .:) We're bored rolling out from the ballfield/ picnic area / bathrooms / fitness area . We needed a change .

Hey, the only time I wear a mtbNJ kit is when I'm leading a group ride. Shaggz is the only tool :D

Hey, the only time I wear a mtbNJ kit is when I'm leading a group ride. Shaggz is the only tool :D

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim, you could just get one of those cool "mtbnj " license plates and hang it from your seat instead of wearing a kit .

Is it hard to find your way around, are the trails marked good. Don't have a gps but dont mind doing a little exploring. Where is the best place to park to start a ride.

Park was in great shape today minus some mud/puddles in the usual spot. Anrothar's was somewhat disgusting at the beginning after Cascade but good otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
None of these posts have anything to do with Trail Conditions. they are being moved.

South Side of the Park is in stellar shape. Ride it while you can.

10/10/11 a

Rode today. Gates open. Lake still empty. Dam still gone. Sunny, and Trails were great. no mud, lots of rocks and leaves.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions