Nassau Trail conditions

Trails were great...no wet spots to be seen on flatlands or up top. That being said there is a huge tree down on flat lands just above the lower lot. Some chainsaw work for sure... Its easily accessible from nassua road. Not sure where this goes but let me know the date and I can help if I am around.

20230507_143008.jpg
Screenshot 2023-05-07 180437.jpg

Reactions: SAM
Guess Ill go check it out and bring my tools and do what I can. Its a flow killer... Sure this side is going to get more use now.

Assuming this nonsense about certain trails closed to mountain bikers is over. No signs anywhere on either side about closed trails. There were only a few big logs on the other side of Nassau road but easy path through them. And there were many new mountain biking features on one of the so-called closed trails.

PS there's a tree blocking Flatlands trail just south of the Nassau road smaller parking lot.

Last edited:
Assuming this nonsense about certain trails closed to mountain bikers is over. No signs anywhere on either side about closed trails. There was only a few big logs on the other side of Nassau road but easy path through them. And there were many new mountain biking features on one of the so-called closed trails.

PS there's a tree blocking Flatlands trail just south of the Nassau road smaller parking lot.
Interesting, I haven't bothered going since the spring side switchback was closed.

Assuming this nonsense about certain trails closed to mountain bikers is over. No signs anywhere on either side about closed trails. There was only a few big logs on the other side of Nassau road but easy path through them. And there were many new mountain biking features on one of the so-called closed trails.

I'm not sure what to make of it. Between the signs appearing and disappearing and reports from people riding or not here and at Cromwell, very confusing.

I'm not sure what to make of it. Between the signs appearing and disappearing and reports from people riding or not here and at Cromwell, very confusing.
Yeah it’s confusing - I used to ride Nassau & CR a lot since I am central NJ - the Cromwell thing got confusing I thought it was always supposed to be closed and a work in progress. I don’t like doing the wrong thing. I have been heading north more and riding other places anyway.

Assuming this nonsense about certain trails closed to mountain bikers is over. No signs anywhere on either side about closed trails. There were only a few big logs on the other side of Nassau road but easy path through them. And there were many new mountain biking features on one of the so-called closed trails.

Im surprised that tree on Flatlands hasn't been cleared already 😐

Hello,

Went for an easy spin tonight at Nassau after being sick all last week , and with my luck lost my POC sunglasses (black frame + clear lenses).
If anyone was lucky to find them dont hesitate to reach out.

Thanks

Hello,

Went for an easy spin tonight at Nassau after being sick all last week , and with my luck lost my POC sunglasses (black frame + clear lenses).
If anyone was lucky to find them dont hesitate to reach out.

Thanks
How were the trails? With the rain yesterday I would have expected today to be a wash out.

Went thinking that if the conditions aren't good I would pack it up. To my surprise, very little wetness. I took it easy as the roots did feel slippery today.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions