new guy in ledgewood(roxbury)

itsmejonp

This seems like the place to post this so here goes nothing! I live in ledgewood (roxbury townshp) and im looking for some good trails to explore. I only have my 'cross bike up here with me as of now and plan on taking her on whatever she can handle! anybody have any suggestions of local trails? I greatly appreciate it!

Jon P

Welcome! I teach in Roxbury...hmmm...trails for your cx bike...I normally ride mine around in a field.

Not sure what you are looking for as far as terrain. There are a few rail-to-trails in the area (Columbia Trail and Sussex Branch)...and Patriots Path is a little more "rugged".

I took my cx bike to Lewis Morris (just west of Morristown/on Rt 24)...that was an experience. I normally mtb there - the hills were a whole new perspective on a cx bike. I don't think I would be doing that again - but might be the adventure you are looking for.

Last edited:
Welcome.

3 questions:

1. What brings you up to NJ?
2. How many other bikes do you have any why did you choose the cx bike?
3. Tell us about your most memorable bike ride.

welcome! i'm a few streets over from you in succasunna. there are some great roads out here. as a cross over from your deer park/cx thread, here's a local loop that i do on my cx bike:

http://app.strava.com/activities/5707281

edit: a couple sections on this loop are a bit dicey, but doable, on the CX bike. just want you to know what you may be getting into.

Last edited:
I appreciate the warm welcome! I was a roxbury highschool graduate and went away for school and come back periodically to visit my family. Im up here for a little over a month and im trying to make the most of it with regards to riding . I only brought my cross bike due to restrictions when traveling (don't have a roof rack) and i figured it may be the most versatile in the event of me wanting to do some road riding (I have a set of road wheels for it). My most memorable ride was probably the first time i rode FATS in south carolina on my friends 2010 specialized epic. I dont know if I would consider myself a very technical or particularly good rider as i've not really had many challenging rides/terrain. Living most of the year in savannah ga really limits the "mountain biking" that I can do, hence why I've been having so much fun with my cross bike and its versatility.

Back
Top Bottom