Park Rat Thread

Ian F

I bought this season on the Black Friday sale last year then ended up moving out of Jersey in May. Such a freakin waste…
Yeah, that's my fear since I really don't know where I'll be for 2023. I'm supposed to be in NH for 4 months.... but knowing the client, there's a chance I'll be there for all of 2023 and into 2024. Plus, as much as I like riding at Highland and its proximity to Portsmouth (1.5 hrs.) Kingdom and Killington are also within day-trip distance, so I would likely ride there as well. Thunder Mtn isn't far out of the way along my drive home, so I'll likely ride there a few times. Plus, there are a ton of trail systems in NH and VT I haven't even begun to explore. Lastly, I also enjoy road riding up there. The NH and ME coastal roads are beautiful, although I do have to go surprisingly far inland before I can find any significant climbs.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone hitting up the Hanson/Rinker memorial festivities? The “obstacle course” they put together looks super fun. Plus DH race tempest into waterboy oldschool style…the way it should be.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone hitting up the Hanson/Rinker memorial festivities? The “obstacle course” they put together looks super fun. Plus DH race tempest into waterboy oldschool style…the way it should be.
If I wasn't working I would've been. Looks like a fun day

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I wish we could make it. We went to the memorial jam last year and it was fun.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
According to my inaccurate strava I've hit dominion 146 times this year lol .
Screenshot_20221022-144907_Strava~2.jpg

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
@Ryan.P
I was just coming here to post the same thing! Very cool.

Me and my friends ran into Heather after dropping road to nowhere. She starting asking us about the drop. I was like, “Hey what’s your name?” When she told me, I was all excited because I follow her YouTube channel.

ebarker9

Cool video and nice plug for Dairy Swirl too. There are so many YouTube/influencer people around now that I don't bother following most of them but Heather comes across really well in this video. Natural, enthusiastic, good rider. I'll have to check out more of her videos.

Ian F

Cool video and nice plug for Dairy Swirl too. There are so many YouTube/influencer people around now that I don't bother following most of them but Heather comes across really well in this video. Natural, enthusiastic, good rider. I'll have to check out more of her videos.
Her videos are generally fun to watch. I found her channel when she started her camper van build a couple of years ago. Often commented as a female version of the Singletrack Sampler. Always enthusiastic and really positive. Definitely a better rider than I am, at least on jump trails and drops.

JonF

Anyone planning to ride Creek this weekend (its closing weekend)? The weather looks absolutely gorgeous for November! I'm tentatively going Sunday.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone planning to ride Creek this weekend (its closing weekend)? The weather looks absolutely gorgeous for November! I'm tentatively going Sunday.
I'm on call for work but gonna try and get as many laps in as possible . And by laps I mean dominion -covenant -crapchute- redbull pit runs lol . Also will def try and make last chair , even got my light charged up

Top Bottom