Post a picture of your next bike part or mtb gear on order!

Screenshot_20230424_140328_Chrome.jpg

I'm over batteries and chain slap . If it works well on xd cassettes I'll be getting another set for my other bike .

What's the ID and what bike?

You have a Ripmo right, you running 35mm inner?

25 ID (actually measured at 26). This is for my Rocky Mountain element so primarily 2.25" tires so I felt like 30+ would've been overkill. I kinda wanted 28's but didn't feel like waiting for Hunt Proven shipping in June.

I have a TR 280 (ID 28) wheelset on my Ripmo as the trail setup which I like quite a bit.

My knog blinder finally bit the dust. Will this work with my Wahoo or will I have to return to the Garmin dark side?

View attachment 210928
I gave this a try and I am very happy I did. It really works well and surprisingly accurate. The only time I don't get a reading is when the cars behind me are tail gaiting each other going at the same speed. It will register only as one car on the little graphic. It's great hearing the notification beep telling me to brace for impact.

So I want to get a bike travel bag for my mtb and gravel bike. But I just noticed that most bike bags, with the exception of the EVOC road bike pro, require you to remove the handlebar and/or stem. And you'll have to lay the handlebars on the side. Makes sense since most bike bags are narrow. However, what about bikes (mostly road) that have internal cable routing or tight cabling that goes through the handlebar and headset. I can't see a way to get the handlebar out of the away enough to fit in a bike bag. Am I missing something??

(thinking out loud) So it looks like the only option at the moment is for something like this?? Unfortunately wouldn't work for the mtb.

Last edited:
So I want to get a bike travel bag for my mtb and gravel bike. But I just noticed that most bike bags, with the exception of the EVOC road bike pro, require you to remove the handlebar and/or stem. And you'll have to lay the handlebars on the side. Makes sense since most bike bags are narrow. However, what about bikes (mostly road) that have internal cable routing or tight cabling that goes through the handlebar and headset. I can't see a way to get the handlebar out of the away enough to fit in a bike bag. Am I missing something??

(thinking out loud) So it looks like the only option at the moment is for something like this?? Unfortunately wouldn't work for the mtb.

I have a Helium bike bag for the road bike. I take of the stem face plate, then just turn the handlebars off to the side of the frame. One drop ends up in front of the head tube, the other fits between the top tube and downtube. Works for me.

I gave this a try and I am very happy I did. It really works well and surprisingly accurate. The only time I don't get a reading is when the cars behind me are tail gaiting each other going at the same speed. It will register only as one car on the little graphic. It's great hearing the notification beep telling me to brace for impact.

Yep very impressed and very accurate. I've been using it a few weeks and it's nice to know when cars are approaching.

Spokes, nipples, rim tape, and tools. Lots of tools.
SW-9_001.jpg

Last 2 are more for "just in case I need something like that" adds.

TBH that SW-9 is pretty miserable to use. Just get the normal spoke wrenches. SW0 - SW4 is all you'll need ever pretty much.

If you're out near PA at all, I highly recommend taking the Wheel Building course at CAT Bethlehem. Very informative and knowledgeable instructor.

TBH that SW-9 is pretty miserable to use. Just get the normal spoke wrenches. SW0 - SW4 is all you'll need ever pretty much.

If you're out near PA at all, I highly recommend taking the Wheel Building course at CAT Bethlehem. Very informative and knowledgeable instructor.
Yup, I have the 1 and 2, as well as the "four-sided" 2. Got the 9 in case I ever need to get a low/tight purchase.

I'll keep that in mind. Maybe I'll try to set up a ride weekend and incorporate it.

Speaking of which...building some new wheels for the DH bike. I've used the alloy squorx nipples in the past, but ordered brass for these, not realizing that the rims came with nipples and the PHR washers already. So I have a ton of alloy and brass nipples and way more washers than I'll ever use. Should I just use the brass nipples and return the extra washers? Anyone need a bunch of squorx nipples? Not a bad idea to have some extra, but I probably have 100 more than I really need at this point.

Speaking of which...building some new wheels for the DH bike. I've used the alloy squorx nipples in the past, but ordered brass for these, not realizing that the rims came with nipples and the PHR washers already. So I have a ton of alloy and brass nipples and way more washers than I'll ever use. Should I just use the brass nipples and return the extra washers? Anyone need a bunch of squorx nipples? Not a bad idea to have some extra, but I probably have 100 more than I really need at this point.
Well, if you pull my leg...I do have a few boxes of alloy squorx nipples, but there's never enough...what size and color?

EVOC bike bag for the gravel bike. I was hoping to get a bike bag that can accommodate both the MTB and gravel bike (not at the same time obviously lol), but internal handlebar and headset cabling on the gravel bike makes it impossible.

BLA.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom