Post a picture of your next bike part or mtb gear on order!

I'm looking to replace the Recon that's starting to wear out on one of my bikes. Haven't decided on what to replace it with yet.

IMG_3715.jpeg

Pretty sure I made out like a bandit on this 2016 Canfield Balance 27.5 in XL. This will be my park/beater/friend bike. Didn’t realize it had carbon bars and cranks until I got it home.

Attachments

• D2FED022-B088-4B32-B5DB-7989CBEDD202.jpeg
    D2FED022-B088-4B32-B5DB-7989CBEDD202.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 2985CC60-DCE1-4C4C-B1E1-E1ACDD8382F9.jpeg
    2985CC60-DCE1-4C4C-B1E1-E1ACDD8382F9.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 99
I've been really missing a casual, just get on it and ride sort of bike. I've had 3 Diverges at one time or another, even used them for commuting. But I just never was into hopping on one of them for a spin. It was always purposeful. I looked at the Diverge Evo, but it was hard to find one that was nice looking and my size. Then I started looking at other gravel bikes, even considered getting an Epic HT again and doing something with that. Yesterday I shot my LBS guy a text and he asked me to come in and give the Sirrus X 5.0 a shot. Fits up to 47mm tires, has a funky frame, and more mounts than you can use honestly. I got a sweet deal on the bike as well as a set of Roval Terra C wheels. I am also converting it to Shimano 12sp due to some FOMO parts not being used in the parts bin (and my preference for all things Shimano). No pics yet as I have incoming parts, including the tires for the wheels. Here's stock:

92422-31_SIRRUS-X-50-WHTMTN-GUN_HERO

Going with a bronze accent theme, so I have Deity pedals, handlebar, and valve covers coming in that, along with Deity gum grips to match the Schwalbe G-One gumwalls. I haven't decided what crank to go with, thinking maybe a GRX might be the smart bet. I have a few direct mount chain rings, but they're all 32t and I will spin them out on tarmac.

Been eyeing some new wheels since early Polygons had QR front, and Boost rear wheels. Since I have a bonus heading my way it is time to standardize the bike to boost front and back. So new wheels, and fork.

s-l1600.jpg

Brand: DT Swiss
Rim Model: X1900 Spline 25
Hub Model: DT Swiss w/ 3-Pawl Freehub Body
Wheel Size: 29"
Spoke Type: DT Champion Straightpull
Spoke Count: 28h Front and Rear
Axle Configuration: 15x110 Front / 12x148 Rear Boost Thru Axle
Free Hub Compatibility: Shimano HG 10/11 Speed
Rim Width: Inner/Outer 25mm/29mm
Rim Depth: 19.5mm
Tubeless Ready: Yes
Color: Black
Weight (approx.): Front - 1006g, Rear - 872g, Set - 1878g

c130mmblack3qdv.png

ROCKSHOX RECON SILVER RL SUSPENSION FORK | 29" | 120MM | 15X110MM | 51 MM OFFSET

The house/garage has swallowed my beloved BigBoy, its replacement is on its way...
View attachment 218001
IMG_7302.jpeg
Well, the old friend showed up in the living room under the hip pack that hasn’t been used in months, which is weird because I used the saw more recently than that. Funny how that worked out since the Outback big boy had been living in my brain for a few months now…coincidences sometimes are just amazing!

Last edited:
View attachment 218159Well, the old friend showed up in the living room under the hip pack that hasn’t been used in months, which is weird because I used the saw more recently than that. Funny how that worked out since the Outback big boy had been living in my brain for a few months now…coincidences sometimes are just amazing!
Ha! I have a second suspension pump for the same reason. The first didn’t show up until I bought a replacement one. I knew it would happen too.

Trying out a Fox DHX2 coil on my Firebird to see how it compares to the X2 air shock.
View attachment 220254

Coils are so addictive in the tech. There are major cons (weight, poppiness) but there are few better feelings going through a section of trail you usually get thrown around and your back tire is just planted to the ground. I'm going to get one when my X2 inevitably explodes and I have to wait for Fox to warranty it.

Back
Top Bottom