Post a picture of your next bike part or mtb gear on order!

Trying a Hail Mary patch on my tire but just in case it doesn't hold...

IMG_5738.JPG
Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 2.17.44 PM.png

the saddle that came with my new to me checkpoint (Bontrager Montrose) didn’t seem to be the stock one and didn’t have the mounting holes underneath for my rear garmin mount like the my old ALR5 that I sold.

Found this new takeoff on FB MP seems to be the closest model I can find compared to my other saddle this one is a Bontrager Verse Elite.

Asking $90 plus $15 shipping offered her $80 shipped and she accepted should be here sometime next week. Trek has it on sale for $127 so I think that’s a pretty fair deal.

Will ride the current one this weekend then hopefully sell it to make some of the costs of the new one back.

IMG_2804.jpeg
IMG_2805.jpeg

Brake time!!! Already upgraded the Epic Evo from 2 pot to 4. I've also determined I am not in love with the current 180/160 setup, so 203 is OTW.

BR1597_x1024.jpg

SJ Evo is also getting in on the act. I'm upgrading the SLX to XT. Sorta for bling, sorta with a purpose.

51mTAmKRfPL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Purpose being I wanted something better than stock on the gravel bike, so it will be getting the SLX. But it's flat mount. Which means I have a pair of 4 pot SLX calipers I will be offering for sale now.😄

BR-M7110_C219_1_750_750.jpeg

Last edited:
LBS gave me a grey and a black caliper for the XT. Now I have to wait until Monday to find out which one they can get me to swap out. I prefer the grey, sourced one online so that's the route I'll go should they only have black. So many first world problems.

LBS gave me a grey and a black caliper for the XT. Now I have to wait until Monday to find out which one they can get me to swap out. I prefer the grey, sourced one online so that's the route I'll go should they only have black. So many first world problems.
That's weird, I don't believe XT components come in different colors anymore, not according to Shimano docs. Discoloration maybe? Or just maybe widely spaced manufacturing dates?

That's weird, I don't believe XT components come in different colors anymore, not according to Shimano docs. Discoloration maybe? Or just maybe widely spaced manufacturing dates?
Yea I'm not sure either, but definitely not discolored. Originally they accidentally gave me an 8100 in grey first. The black one is the 8120 replacement. Levers are both grey as I kept the 8100 when I went to swap out the caliper for the 8120. Good thing I did

And Happy Birthday!!!

$$$ and I have handlebar lights galore.

Realistically once it's dark AND cold I'm not riding.

It's nice out with the Trail light. I've never opened it more than medium around NJ. High is ridiculous with the twisties around here, and you're more likely to blind yourself on a bush than see more trail.

It's nice out with the Trail light. I've never opened it more than medium around NJ. High is ridiculous with the twisties around here, and you're more likely to blind yourself on a bush than see more trail.
Yeah my "problem" is I'm now in an area with faster downhills, machine built trails.

The lights I have were fine except not wide enough.

Back
Top Bottom