Post your BooBoo's

Surgery was Saturday night went well. Rods in tib/ fib and plates and screws in my humerus.

gonna take a while to rebound from this one. Thanks for all the positive messages.
Oh no sounds serious based on the bones you broke yikes.

Assume it was a crash hope you get better soon.

yep direct hit from a car. I was minding my own business, and he tried to drive directly through me.
oh shit very sorry to hear that and speedy recovery for sure. Hope the driver got penalized somehow although in my experience they rarely get more than a careless driving ticket. Main focus is on the recovery tho hope it goes well.

Surgery was Saturday night went well. Rods in tib/ fib and plates and screws in my humerus.

gonna take a while to rebound from this one. Thanks for all the positive messages.
yep direct hit from a car. I was minding my own business, and he tried to drive directly through me.
I don't know you personally but I wish you the fastest possible recovery. I can't say that knowing what happened to you makes me any more eager to ride my bike on the road as I was planning to do trying to get back in some sort of shape...re-evaluating the stationary bike as I type this...

So out for my weekend ride on Sunday the 5th. Fall off a rock roll-over with a steep downhill bank. Land hard, look down, and my pinkie is at a hard left. While lying on the ground tangled in my bike I say "oh no no" grab that sucker and yank. Hop up, adjust my jank'd brake levers, and finish my ride. I get home and show it to my wife and son. My son immediately says 'we need to go to the hospital". My wife says "oh no, we don't have time for that".
My fingers are pretty thick anyway. Pinkie is swollen, but still bends. Did not get hit by a car.

Attachments

• PXL_20231106_195205865.jpg
    PXL_20231106_195205865.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 68
  • PXL_20231106_195138876.jpg
    PXL_20231106_195138876.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 64
So out for my weekend ride on Sunday the 5th. Fall off a rock roll-over with a steep downhill bank. Land hard, look down, and my pinkie is at a hard left. While lying on the ground tangled in my bike I say "oh no no" grab that sucker and yank. Hop up, adjust my jank'd brake levers, and finish my ride. I get home and show it to my wife and son. My son immediately says 'we need to go to the hospital". My wife says "oh no, we don't have time for that".
My fingers are pretty thick anyway. Pinkie is swollen, but still bends. Did not get hit by a car.
yikes. if you can bend it without too much pain all they will do is tape it to your ring finger and send you on your way even if its broken/dislocated.

ice it and your good to go lucky nothing else damaged.

No pics and not my boo boo but related.

So to round out the week from hell yesterday at 2:15 pm my wife gets a call from the HS that my 16 year old was in the nurses office because his nose collided with Someone’s forehead during gym basketball time.

Took about an hour to convince him we need to get it checked since he had tickets to go to a concert in Brooklyn and meet up with my other son who is on a tour running the lights for the performer and is only in town for one night. Plus VIP passes for backstage etc…

Got to ER at 3:30pm. Left at 5:05 pm.
Including triage X-rays and discharge it was a miracle.

Broke his nose in two places. across the bridge and across the middle. Lucky nothing out of line or needed to be set.

He stuffed some tissues in his nose took 3 Tylenol and was out the door at 5:40.

He declined any pics. Black eyes incoming.
So one week out we got in to see the ENT.

Only broken in one spot and medically there’s nothing urgent or damaged that requires surgery. Swelling is only 50% down will take another few weeks to clear up.

Doc recommended to check back in after 3 months to see if cosmetically he would like to get it fixed or not. Which basically means they surgically break it again and straighten it out.

He’s like F that so I doubt we will be doing any surgery especially heading into the springtime.

He’s cleared for sports as long as he wears one of those face shield things.

P.s. the kid he collided with has a mild concussion.

4ABC7EE6-7F1D-42D1-83FC-DE057443B71B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom