Round Valley Conditions

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
3/9/24

Place is not good. At least 13 tress down, but lost count. Kinda reminded how it was, post Sandy, it's close to that bad. The majority are on Puke Hill, both sides. 2 are massive, gonna need a BIG saw. This clean up will take many hours or days depending on how many help. Pat or Norm let me know if you venture out to start, I'll help if I can.

I'm back on St Paddy's Day.
Will roll through and get the small stuff, then coordinate if it isn't already done.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
3/9/24

Place is not good. At least 13 tress down, but lost count. Kinda reminded how it was, post Sandy, it's close to that bad. The majority are on Puke Hill, both sides. 2 are massive, gonna need a BIG saw. This clean up will take many hours or days depending on how many help. Pat or Norm let me know if you venture out to start, I'll help if I can.

I’m back tonight. I’ll see if maybe I can get out Tuesday afternoon. I’ll let you know.

Patrick

Staff member
Cleared the cush (red) trail from the saddle out to the pavilion. Also cleared the ridge trail. The tree at the beginning of the sidewalk fell over . It is kinda blocking the start, will need to get back to that. Some rocks were moved at the waterfall feature, so that needs some attention.

All dry.

Will try for puke hill tomorrow.

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
Big day today 4+ hours - took out two big suckers and that used up two batteries.
Of course my watch decided to stop at 2:00 - I think the edge of the glove hit the pause button,
and the default is to save the ride, rather than restart, oh well.

Made it to the first campground road split. still need to check back to the south parking lot.
Then maybe the Lebanon connector.

The campground road is clear.

biggun example

1710977240963.png

1710979384973.png

1710979402285.png

There are another 5 that need a saw - a big saw would help.
I did clean-up all the small stuff around them.

This was a mess - now manageable

1710979669326.png

Even the Silky Big Boy got a workout. Wish I had the katana boy!

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
Other than water running down the jeep road from the overlook to the south dam access road (I think i'm taking the road now)
and the mud puddle on the new section by the scout camp, you'd never know it rained 4"

Patrick

Staff member
I don’t know why, but I went today and I’ve never seen it wetter here.
I guess I was excited about the earthquake.

the "wet spot" is by the scout camp. there is also a bad spot on the cush climb from the railroad lot.
where else did you encounter water?

Nolabean

the "wet spot" is by the scout camp. there is also a bad spot on the cush climb from the railroad lot.
where else did you encounter water?
The muddy spot you mention on the cush trail yes.
And down by the campsites it was running water almost the whole time.
I only come here a few times a year and it’s always dry. It goes to show how much rain we have had.

Patrick

Staff member
The muddy spot you mention on the cush trail yes.
And down by the campsites it was running water almost the whole time.
I only come here a few times a year and it’s always dry. It goes to show how much rain we have had.

Lots of water running across the camp road! Noticed that.
Thanks for the update. I'm trying to figure out that mudhole by the scout camp

goodvibe

Rode here today. Almost all was excellent. I did a loop all the way around with the Lebanon Connector. There was a small mud bog here or there, but I would say 95% excellent. One or two trees down on the top of puke hill and the connector is a little overgrown. I didn't realize that they now permanently lock the gate at the boat launch. When I got warned by the nice officer when he saw me going around the gate, he said that it was because of illegal camping, litter, and overall unruly behavior. He was actually very friendly and informative.

1713314052827.png

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions