Rutgers Ecological Preserve Conditions

dvaidya

Are the trails marked and easy to follow? It's close to home but afraid to try it on my own and get lost :)

Davinchia1981

Rode today and I would say the trails are all dry with the exception of orange. That's like 90% dry. Red trail has a bridge out that is being rebuilt. Other then that, it was great riding today. Tomorrow should be perfect. Lots of hikers and students with headphones on so careful around them. They spook easy.

Attachments

• 20230320_160106.jpg
    20230320_160106.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 125

cyclops

The trails are in pretty good condition. I was there today morning and saw some other riders there as well with amazing bikes, maybe one you here?

SAM

First time in, I rode almost all of it on Wednesday, even some of the less ridden trails (according to Strava Heatmaps) like Zig Zag and Blorange Tail (Trailforks names). Even some off grid stuff in that area. Everything was trimmed back and ridable. Only thing I missed that I know of was a few short sections of Orange. I did not see that thing.

Divinityche

Went out there today some parts were good but very muddy still. Interesting area for a first timer it had sort of a weird vibe/ambiance. Is it me or a lot of men walk through there off the path?

Davinchia1981

Went out there today some parts were good but very muddy still. Interesting area for a first timer it had sort of a weird vibe/ambiance. Is it me or a lot of men walk through there off the path?
You're not wrong about that. As soon as Rutgers starts classes, the John's show up in the woods.
Might see something you're not ready for one day lol.

Divinityche

Heading out there tomorrow, last conditions were good some very few soft spots but with the consistent weather the trail should be a tad bit better.

Top Bottom