Sedona Recommendations?

Good to know. I reserved a FS bike. I was debating on a hardtail.
I ride a 29er hardtail at Ringwood, Jungle and Sterling(well anywhere as I sold all of my FS bikes). A hardtail is doable in Sedona(Hardtail Party- right). The one issue I ran into was there is a small selection of hardtails (low end) to rent at Thunder Mountain bikes so I rented a FS. While I prefer to ride hardtails, a full squish works well in Sedona. But that of course goes to personal choice.

Nicks West Side on point with their tomales. My goodness. Rolling to SoCal in the AM

IMG_0635.jpeg

Whatever you do, do not go out for “BBQ”
I’m here now, and I retract this statement.
Colt’s in the Village of Oak Creek is legit.
And right next door to Absolute Bikes.
IMG_7336.jpeg

IMG_7335.jpeg

I will say we are never coming again during presidents week.
Everything has been a mob scene, starting with the car rental counter.
(Choose Dollar, not Budget and rent direct, not through 3rd party)

This weekend you have the Arabian horse show in Phoenix, presidents weekend, unseasonably warm weather and the Sedona film festival.

Yesterday it took us over an hour to drive the 9 miles back from Absolute Bikes in Oak Creek. In-fucking-sane.

Been in Sedona a few times during the week, never thought it was crowded. Drove through from Flagstaff once on a Saturday and oh, oh it's a different story on the weekend.

They need to build another Sedona in AZ somewhere to alleviate the crowding.

Excuse my ignorance, why is it so busy? Tourists coming from break? Terrific traffic planning? Too many drunk millennials?
Really it's probably Phoenix. Weekend trip for a lot of people as it's only two hours away.

And it's a holiday weekend so it'll draw long weekend people from other cities.

I thought all the touristy stuff in East Sedona along 89A was really busy and backed up. Thought West Sedona was a little better. But that reminds me, Indian Gardens Cafe and Market east of Sedona was a great breakfast place with a cool box canyon under canpoies behind to eat in.

I thought all the touristy stuff in East Sedona along 89A was really busy and backed up. Thought West Sedona was a little better. But that reminds me, Indian Gardens Cafe and Market east of Sedona was a great breakfast place with a cool box canyon under canpoies behind to eat in.
That’s usually the case (gridlock is east/upper Sedona) but with perfect storm conditions here now its spreading out in all directions.

And @soundz sent this along -
Heavy construction north of Sedona

Last edited:
I'm not sure where you are staying, but if you are near Oak Creek we got a decent burger and empanadas at this place:

https://dellepianeburger.com/

Also in Oak Creek is Clark's supermarket that has good selection of food and beer/wine. We heard good things about the breakfast at the Red Rock Café (next to Clark's) but never made it there.

Here is the view out the front and side windows of the AirBnB:

image000000.jpg

image000001.jpg

I'm back! Gotta say thanks for the recommendations!!! Sedona was amazing. Beautiful weather, awesome trails, lots of good food eaten, and a bunch of meh beer was drank. @Sven Migot and I were there for 7 days and we rode 6, hiked 1, and kayaked 1. Rental bike was on point...so much so that I'm looking to buy a similar ride. Sven killed a rental kayak and we survived some of the stoopid double diamond trails. It was awesome. We should start planning our return trip.

IMG_9541.jpeg
IMG_9540.jpeg
IMG_9546.jpeg
IMG_9548.jpeg
IMG_9553.jpeg
IMG_9570.jpeg
IMG_9600.jpeg
IMG_9602.png
IMG_9610.jpeg
IMG_9614.jpeg

Last edited:
FYI we stayed at the Hampton Inn and it was all we needed. Ok breakfast, great location to ride from right across the street from Thunder Mountain bikes. Oh and the hot tub was necessary with sore bodies 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom