Sirius XM chatter

I was about to cancel it but they gave me platinum for $10 a month.
Before or after taxes? One of us needs to call and get a better rate.

Package/Plan
Subscription Term
Charges
XM Platinum (1 Year - Promo)
05/04/2023 - 05/04/2024​
$107.88​
SiriusXM Video (1 Year)
05/04/2023 - 05/04/2024​
$0.00​
U.S. Music Royalty Fee
$23.09​
State & Local Taxes
$8.67​

Total Charges
$139.64​

Before or after taxes? One of us needs to call and get a better rate.

Package/Plan
Subscription Term
Charges
XM Platinum (1 Year - Promo)
05/04/2023 - 05/04/2024​
$107.88​
SiriusXM Video (1 Year)
05/04/2023 - 05/04/2024​
$0.00​
U.S. Music Royalty Fee
$23.09​
State & Local Taxes
$8.67​

Total Charges
$139.64​
Actually $8.99 before taxes. Same as yours.

I just clicked on the chat button to tell them I want to cancel before my deal expired, but never got the chance. The bot immediately made the same offer as last year. Music & Entertainment for $7.75 a month all taxes & fees included. A few clicks and the deal was done.
I need to do this. Picking up the new vehicle on Monday afternoon and will do some talking to SiriusXM customer service.

It was totally automated. All I had to do was click yes to agree to the plan and yes again to agree to the CC charge. This time is was one annual payment. Last year it was monthly payments.

Just renewed two vehicles. I set a calendar event each year 3 days before my billing cycle ends. I log into my account, open chat and type "I see that my account renews in 3 days for full price. I am asking to renew at my current rate or I will be forced to cancel my subscription"

20 minutes of friendly account disclosures/chat later, while multi-tasking normal work, and everything is renewed. $8.99+ tax/fees for main vehicle platinum renewed at annual rate, $5.99 for music/entertainment plan for wife's vehicle, billed monthly to get that rate. Comes out to $19.39 total monthly for both, saved $20 total compared to last year.

It is pretty painless and something I've done every year for as long as I can remember. Just recently (3yrs or so ago) started using the chat feature instead of calling, it's super convenient.

Last edited:
Just renewed two vehicles. I set a calendar event each year 3 days before my billing cycle ends. I log into my account, open chat and type "I see that my account renews in 3 days for full price. I am asking to renew at my current rate or I will be forced to cancel my subscription"

20 minutes of friendly account disclosures/chat later, while multi-taking normal work, and everything is renewed. $8.99+ tax/fees for main vehicle platinum renewed at annual rate, $5.99 for music/entertainment plan for wife's vehicle, billed monthly to get that rate. Comes out to $19.39 total monthly for both, saved $20 total compared to last year.

It is pretty painless and something I've done every year for as long as I can remember. Just recently (3yrs or so ago) started using the chat feature instead of calling, it's super convenient.
For some reason the chat function never works for me. I end up having to play lets make a deal on the phone. Same end result, but such a waste of time every year.

For some reason the chat function never works for me. I end up having to play lets make a deal on the phone. Same end result, but such a waste of time every year.
Bummer. It could be a popup blocker or something. I chat from a desktop and it pops right up when I click the icon. Agreed that the phone call "lets make a deal" always felt like more of a waste of time.

Bummer. It could be a popup blocker or something. I chat from a desktop and it pops right up when I click the icon. Agreed that the phone call "lets make a deal" always felt like more of a waste of time.
I think it feels worse because my Cable at home and Fios at the shop also renew within the same two months. Seems like I spend way too much time trying to not get raked over the coals for being a good, long time customer.

Chatbot for the win! Got 1 car's renewal notice today for Music Showcase package - due in June for auto-renew. Went to Chatbot and just said "Got my renewal notice and it's too expensive. Are there any promotions I can take advantage of?" No other questions other than confirm my car, then they just offered me $5.99 pre-tax/fee per month for Music & Entertainment package. I asked "What about Music Showcase?" and they gave me $4.99 per month. Thought i was done, but then Chatbot asked me if i had another radio i wanted to apply the same promotion to. Well, heck yeah i do even though it's mid-year for that subscription. So now i got the same deal for both cars and the renewal dates line up and i'm getting refunded whatever balance there is from paying for full years.

Chatbot for the win! Got 1 car's renewal notice today for Music Showcase package - due in June for auto-renew. Went to Chatbot and just said "Got my renewal notice and it's too expensive. Are there any promotions I can take advantage of?" No other questions other than confirm my car, then they just offered me $5.99 pre-tax/fee per month for Music & Entertainment package. I asked "What about Music Showcase?" and they gave me $4.99 per month. Thought i was done, but then Chatbot asked me if i had another radio i wanted to apply the same promotion to. Well, heck yeah i do even though it's mid-year for that subscription. So now i got the same deal for both cars and the renewal dates line up and i'm getting refunded whatever balance there is from paying for full years.
Someone needs to come up with an AI program/app that can negotiate for you. Dueling bots.

I had some downtime this morning and decided to get on the Chat and demand a lower price. I said "I want 5.99/month as many of my friends are getting this deal". ...this is what I got (have to remember to log in/change in 12 months).

I have an amazing offer on our Music and Entertainment plan! With this offer, you will get 12 months for $5.99 a month plus fees and taxes, instead of paying the current monthly rate of $18.99.

I had some downtime this morning and decided to get on the Chat and demand a lower price. I said "I want 5.99/month as many of my friends are getting this deal". ...this is what I got (have to remember to log in/change in 12 months).

I have an amazing offer on our Music and Entertainment plan! With this offer, you will get 12 months for $5.99 a month plus fees and taxes, instead of paying the current monthly rate of $18.99.
Nice. I set a calendar event for a few days before so I dont forget.

Forgot about this on our last active account. Went from $26/month to $5.99 - and just in a few minutes on chat. Can't wait until they start paying us to listen to their crap!

Back
Top Bottom