Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
There is a tree down on Riverbed Connector entrance from the pipeline.
There are 2 trees down on Lower Trail 2 on the section of boardwalk farthest from the pipeline (of course)
reported to rangers, thanks!

snashters

Some ice on the lower trails, mostly ice-free on the top trails.

x7P-quNLQYUer7nXXjysF3vGbzCwlY1tukzHk5iD9no-1536x2048.jpg

phillychris498

Rode today on what will prove to be the last good day to ride the Sourlands (and much of NJ single track, at that) for at least a few weeks. The lower trails have sheets of ice scattered throughout; once I climbed up to new shoes there wasn’t much ice to report.

The crossover trail that connects the old rock wall that you can ride across with new shoes has a few downed trees that need a saw. I only took a picture of one of them, which is at the very start of the trail:

CD357243-67CB-4CDC-972E-449484926D92.jpeg

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Rode today on what will prove to be the last good day to ride the Sourlands (and much of NJ single track, at that) for at least a few weeks. The lower trails have sheets of ice scattered throughout; once I climbed up to new shoes there wasn’t much ice to report.

The crossover trail that connects the old rock wall that you can ride across with new shoes has a few downed trees that need a saw. I only took a picture of one of them, which is at the very start of the trail:

View attachment 203394
Trees reported to Rangers, thanks!

snashters

Did a short c-wise loop today. Lower trail is still muddy but once you start heading uphill the trails are OK. Didn't ride Buolderama, but it's probably OK.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
I’m assuming sourlands is a muddy mess but checking if anyone has been here lately?
Locals should chime in but i bet if you ride the Pipeline to the top, 3 Amigos, southern half of Chunky Monkey, and Montezuma could be good.

gcab

2CF92975-0E99-456D-9067-D1FAA4E4663A.jpeg

This was the ride we did. Bottom of the pipeline was a little wet but once it starts going up it was dry. Didn’t bother with the lower trails. Went straight up to Tres. It was 9/10 good and then wet right near where it meets Chunky. Very thing else on the ride was dry. But didn’t touch the lower trails because they looked wet as we went past.

Also kudos to whomever opened up some old lines/new ones.They were super fun on tres. Unsure how old they are as I’ve only been riding here 4ish years.
2AC7ED79-3760-49D7-B5C6-14C0531029CD.jpeg

Last edited:

snashters

Also kudos to whomever opened up some old lines/new ones.They were super fun on tres. Unsure how old they are as I’ve only been riding here 4ish years.View attachment 209584

This line on 3A is new this winter, I think the others are old but just being ridden more now. I don't know about 3A from Chunky to Roaring Rocks thou, I haven't been on that for a while.
DptmOHhGbsxFssXUS4N-OjV7k0kRIajrm6RT1nTOZk8-1536x2048.jpg

The lower trails were dry enough to ride today, just a few wet spots.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions