Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

JPark

There are 3 trees down. All chainsaw size.
2 are right next to each other on the white trail on the boardwalk section far away from the pipeline.
The other is on Montezuma in the nasty rock garden as you get near Boulderama. Another tree had fallen in that area not too long ago.

snashters

There are 3 trees down. All chainsaw size.
2 are right next to each other on the white trail on the boardwalk section far away from the pipeline.
The other is on Montezuma in the nasty rock garden as you get near Boulderama. Another tree had fallen in that area not too long ago.
Those 3 trees are gone, but there's a new one down on the downhill leg of Boulderama.
Trails are in good shape.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Those 3 trees are gone, but there's a new one down on the downhill leg of Boulderama.
Trails are in good shape.
How far downhill and how big is it? Can you put an x on a map for me? Rangers are asking for specifics now - map and photo.

JPark

I noticed the Riverbed connector trail was taped off at the Pipeline entrance.
Anyone know what's wrong?

snashters

I noticed the Riverbed connector trail was taped off at the Pipeline entrance.
Anyone know what's wrong?
I rode the trail this evening, it wasn't taped off. One of short boardwalks had been damaged & moved slightly by a falling tree, it looked recent, perhaps the park rangers closed the trail while they delt with it?
jfLCiWREYWUgCBW-0eo4Yax6GGEI8rkczdsGZFN50Rc-2048x1536.jpg

Robin

Lots of debts on tres amigos. Very large tree down on "bouldering area connector" blocking trail. I took photo and posted on TF

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Gonna get down there tomorrow for the first time in a long time to do some scoping for the next TM in a few weeks. Anything I should look at? I will bring my folding saw to tackle anything it can handle.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
It's super dry and some spots still need trimming. Not sure what we'll do at the TM in 2 weeks. Stayed on 3 Amigos side mostly, plus Montezuma and I cleaned up most of the alt lines. Scoped out a new one on Roaring Rocks but it would be a big Spartacus effort. No trees blocking the trails I rode. Took out 2 small ones with folding saw: 1 partially blocking the armored line on Lower Trail 2, and one elevated one on Outer Trail. There's a big one down on Outer Trail that needs a chainsaw but I was able to get over it going downhill. The tree by the main bouldering area is still there but a decent ride around has formed so it's fine. This bridge on C Trail Climb needs to be replaced.
20230902_104818.jpg

phillychris498

It's super dry and some spots still need trimming. Not sure what we'll do at the TM in 2 weeks. Stayed on 3 Amigos side mostly, plus Montezuma and I cleaned up most of the alt lines. Scoped out a new one on Roaring Rocks but it would be a big Spartacus effort. No trees blocking the trails I rode. Took out 2 small ones with folding saw: 1 partially blocking the armored line on Lower Trail 2, and one elevated one on Outer Trail. There's a big one down on Outer Trail that needs a chainsaw but I was able to get over it going downhill. The tree by the main bouldering area is still there but a decent ride around has formed so it's fine. This bridge on C Trail Climb needs to be replaced.
View attachment 222066
Nice! Did you take any pictures of the alt line on roaring rocks you’re thinking of?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions