Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

Rode up the pipeline and down tres last night - super leafy but trails were in great shape otherwise - fingers crossed we still have some time left before it becomes a wet freeze/thaw mess.

Noticed some additional rocks that were added or moved to make some lines easier - what're the other sourland riders thoughts on editing/simplifying the features & trails that are there?
Rode there the last two Sunday mornings, it was leafy, but often times the packed down leaves highlighted the best lines, so nice. I didn’t notice any major changes to lines (rode lower, to new shoes, to three amigos, montezuma, to center connector), but I’m not really that observant when riding.

There are trail segments that are challenging AND fun. Some sections I rarely clear, but I still look forward to them and it's thrilling if I make it.

There are segments that are challenging and NOT fun. I often clear them but, I really just want to get past them, they offer no thrill or satisfaction. I'm just happy I didn't smash my pedal or chainring doing it.

Did most of the stuff on the 3 Amigos side of the Pipeline and all is good. Super dry leaves a bit slippery. Finding the trail is not a problem bc leaves are packed down. Didn't notice any rock line alterations but i didn't check them all. Cleared leaves from a few.
Excited to ride sour when I’m in the area around thanksgiving! Hopefully the leaves clear out a bit more between now and then.

Needs a deeper freeze than this morning. Lots of standing water down low - so much I turned back. When it thaws, based on my experience, it will be mud all over.

Tomorrow morning looks a lot colder for longer so it should be good in the dark.

Tons of trees down. Rode yesterday, rocks were in awesome shape, but getting muddy in some of the low spots. About 5 x 10” logs on the lower + outer trail. A big tree on riverbed connector near pipeline.
1703350639281.png

Attachments

• IMG_1753.jpeg
    IMG_1753.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1749.jpeg
    IMG_1749.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1747.jpeg
    IMG_1747.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 51
Never been, someone suggested I try this when I yawned at Chimney's "High Tech". How does this compare to Wildcat, Jungle, and Ramapo? Wait until it dries out?

Never been, someone suggested I try this when I yawned at Chimney's "High Tech". How does this compare to Wildcat, Jungle, and Ramapo? Wait until it dries out?

It has all the tech, but is 'small'
You'll need a tour guide, as the good stuff is on alternate lines.
@JimN enjoys a trip down every couple years. If you can hook up with @phillychris498, you'll see some serious alternate linesl!

It does need to dry out more. I'm sure chunky monkey is soupy, and you'll want to hit that

It has all the tech, but is 'small'
You'll need a tour guide, as the good stuff is on alternate lines.
@JimN enjoys a trip down every couple years. If you can hook up with @phillychris498, you'll see some serious alternate linesl!

It does need to dry out more. I'm sure chunky monkey is soupy, and you'll want to hit that
It's dry enough now to ride up top (3 Amigos, Montezuma, Boulderama). The last third of Chunky is still a bit wet, but you can keep your feet dry if you ride the boulders instead of the dirt :D.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions