Stephens State Park Conditions

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I'd be more than willing to help. Is he the contact at Stephens now as well?
No, Stephens has a separate chapter head after coordination of tools between the two parks became problematic. As stated, lots of work in these parks.
If you are interested in a position of more responsibility at Stephens please drop me a note - ken(at)jorba.org

Cassinonorth

No, Stephens has a separate chapter head after coordination of tools between the two parks became problematic. As stated, lots of work in these parks.
If you are interested in a position of more responsibility at Stephens please drop me a note - ken(at)jorba.org

Excellent that was my understanding. Reaching out now.

Mildly Wild

Tree down across Lower Maze about 8" diameter and sitting 2 ft off ground. Tough to go around or over (poison ivy all over the place). About 100 yds past the rock garden if heading back towards Waterloo Valley Rd.

JORBA Stephens

.. What Ken said. .. and.. While I have cut way back in the last few years, we have still done a considerable amount of work each year and still have smaller groups and individuals doing a lot of work in Stephens. So.... not mia, but not what you've seen in the past. .... More info to come.

Jrzjoe

Did about four hours Sunday. It was all perfect. Avoided pink, I figured it would be wet.
Spotted two fellas on motos in the mulch pit. Saw evidence of moto activity on (I believe) Subaru, land of the lost, a bunch of connectors, and all over white. I heard motos on white when I was on sunset but didn’t see if it was the same fellas. I guess it’s good that they seem to be avoiding most of the singletrack.

goldsbar

Did about four hours Sunday. It was all perfect. Avoided pink, I figured it would be wet.
Spotted two fellas on motos in the mulch pit. Saw evidence of moto activity on (I believe) Subaru, land of the lost, a bunch of connectors, and all over white. I heard motos on white when I was on sunset but didn’t see if it was the same fellas. I guess it’s good that they seem to be avoiding most of the singletrack.
I saw a DEP police truck heading to Stephens Sunday(!) afternoon. Possible enforcement attempt? First time I've ever seen one of those, or at least noticed it. It had "police" and "1-800-WARN DEP" on it.

MarioGed

Same here. I heard him/them around noon time. Saw the tracks on many trails you mentioned plus connector to Kinney rd and cooler. Saw one guy on a moto on Kinney rd, but that was a registered dual sport, so not sure if he was the culprit.

Last edited:

stilluf

Excellent conditions here on Saturday. A few trails need a hair cut, but no big issues.
Overall this is a great park and kudos to the trail crews!

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Excellent conditions here on Saturday. A few trails need a hair cut, but no big issues.
Overall this is a great park and kudos to the trail crews!
1685313075006.gif

Jrzjoe

Did a bunch today. Avoided pink and trestle. Figured if anything was holding onto water it would be those.
It was all good. Pleasant surprise.
Happy Father’s Day to those who are.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Great conditions today. Very much appreciated the trimming on Trestle and the Maze. Border/Mulch/Under the Mulch could really use a trim now. Hally Toe as well.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
we encountered a tree down on leeroy, pretty near to the bottom. will need more than a standard folding saw.

HiFiGuy

My buddy lost a cycgolite lite on the trails in Stephens today. should some one come across it, it’s return would be much appreciated. Thanks

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions