Stephens State Park Conditions

My buddy lost a cycgolite lite on the trails in Stephens today. should some one come across it, it’s return would be much appreciated. Thanks
What route did you take? I'll keep my eye out.
The trails are all marked as closed after the rain, as that place's sop. Yeah, I know the background now, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What route did you take? I'll keep my eye out.
The trails are all marked as closed after the rain, as that place's sop. Yeah, I know the background now, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1691957615323.png

Friendly reminder to PLEASE report blowdowns if you want ‘em to vanish sooner than later!

-The best report includes two images. 1.) Trailmap w/exact location. 2.) Image(s) of the actual blowdown.

I’ll elaborate:
- (If Riding) Much preferred you take a Screenshot of the blowdown’s exact location on Trailforks (or your preferred GPS app). Reminder to Center/update your current location on the map. Zoom out a little so there’s some context within the rest of the trail system. A blue dot on a single unidentified line isn’t that helpful.

- (After-ride reporting). Next best method is to mark up an image of the trailmap with approximate location.

-Image(s) of the actual blowdown helps the Sawyers understand what they’re dealing with. Taken from both sides if it tells a better story. This influences the choice of saw and manpower needed. Prefer to NOT drag around the big heavier saw unless it’s absolutely necessary.

-If you don’t want to be bothered with images, please write as accurate of a location/description as you can manage, including the Trailforks trailname, detailed position on the trail in context with intersections or trailheads, diameter of tree, dangers, and anything else you think is notable or helpful for the Sawyer. Over-describing doesn’t hurt at all.

Thanks to everyone who assists!!!

Did tons. It was all good today. Even the maze sections had a few small wet divots but that was it.
Saw three mountain
Bikes and one unicycle. I thought I was having an acid flashback at first.
It was a day.

came accross dead deer on the trail today, it was stinky and the turkey vultures already started dining on It, ist’sabout 10 yards from the train tressel on the tressel trail. Not sure who to report it to get rid of it, gonna make big smell. I did actually report it on the WARNDEP app, but not sure if they will do anything about it. Thoughts?
other than that trails were running great today, light leaf cover and great weather.
IMG_6694.jpeg

@chainsawer Two trees down
1. Just after going thru the “black tunnel” under route 80. Careful this one is tied up in a large piece of deadfall that looks like a tree but is not. I did not even feel safe racing by it for 5 seconds.
IMG_6690.jpeg

Blue dot on map is actual location

IMG_6691.png

2. On the tressel trail heading to the tressel on the bridge in the swampy section.
IMG_6692.jpeg

IMG_6693.png

Thank you @chainsawer, let me know if you Ever want help.

1. Just after going thru the “black tunnel” under route 80. Careful this one is tied up in a large piece of deadfall that looks like a tree but is not. I did not even feel safe racing by it for 5 seconds.
View attachment 224911

View attachment 224912

2. On the tressel trail heading to the tressel on the bridge in the swampy section.
View attachment 224913
View attachment 224914
Thanks! This is the perfect example of the most helpful intel for me: Pics of the issue, an actual, trackable location on Trailforks (or equivalent), and some safety notes.. The one on the deck bridge on trestle was cleared last night, but it left two broken spanner boards. Could use a deck screw or two, if anybody passes it. While on a regular, non-TM ride last night, I came across one one Estus Hood, and one up at the top of Tally Ho! I'll get to them when I can, after the rain passes. This rainy weekend will bring down some more, I'm sure. On Wednesday night, we cleared Golden trail's issue, one on Golden Extension/white intersection and a one of the bigger ones on Long Way Round. I don't think I'm gonna use the chainsaw on the deer carcass though (but it did make me wonder...) LOL.

View attachment 224911

View attachment 224912

View attachment 224913
View attachment 224914
Both gone. And I got the one at the top of Tally Ho. And the one at the intersection of Estus hood/Pre-rake. To my knowledge, all caught up in Stephens.

Bees on lower maze. Looks almost like a rock or something was pulled out of the side of the trail but it’s a large bees nest. I had to high tail it out of there and luckily didn’t get stung. See pic.

IMG_8201.jpeg

came accross dead deer on the trail today, it was stinky and the turkey vultures already started dining on It, ist’sabout 10 yards from the train tressel on the tressel trail. Not sure who to report it to get rid of it, gonna make big smell. I did actually report it on the WARNDEP app, but not sure if they will do anything about it. Thoughts?
other than that trails were running great today, light leaf cover and great weather.
View attachment 224910
Just the park office and have them forward it to maintenance.

Oh, that deer is very, very stinky. It's almost gone, though. I wonder how it died.
Anyway, lost some calories doing that route.
Besides that, conditions are brill, the woods are beautiful.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions