Stephens State Park Conditions

Got some brush back on blue trail by chimney completed today. Lost an inexpensive pair of safety sunglasses if some one comes across them
IMG_8634.png

IMG_8633.jpeg

Thanks! That's a tough one as that trail is in the middle of everything; not close to any parking. What did you use?
Parked at the lot at the end of Natalie drive, walked under the power lines and picked up the white trail. Would not do again the lot and the power lines were over grown, waist high grass was a tick fest.
Used a Stijl 2 cycle trimmer looks kinda like a hedge trimmer on a pole.
1720276083081.png

Parked at the lot at the end of Natalie drive, walked under the power lines and picked up the white trail. Would not do again the lot and the power lines were over grown, waist high grass was a tick fest.
View attachment 242306

I'm using that with the battery powered head.

So looks like there's at least 2 sessions of cutting left to do in Stephens, and one rootball extraction (on Hally Toe) that could be involved.. Please bear with us. I do have to avoid cutting in 90+ temps though... Heat exhaustion with all that PPE is is a real possibility for a relatively out-of-shape 61yo. This is a good time to service my E-bike which has been put into hard service lately. The dropper post is acting up.

Last edited:
View attachment 242306
For the record, when going in from Natalie Drive, I've accessed the trails by following the path denoted in blue. (I'm on an Ebike, not hiking, so I don't mind a little extra distance). At least you don't have to fight thru too much brush, but the mud puddles can be epic.

Attachments

• natdrive.JPG
    natdrive.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 26

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions