The Big C ride Sat Jan 21st

Frank

Sasquatch
I had another post about this just to gauge interest and there was so here we go!

Almost everyone is going through, has gone through, has a close friend or relative, or has lost someone due to cancer. Many have it and keep it to themselves and suffer in silence, I have made my journey through the blender public on this forum and so many have helped me so far and I am truly humbled and grateful. My hope for this ride is to bring a group of folk who have dealt with this dreaded disease in one way or another together for camaraderie and share your journey if you like….or just attend to show support. This ride, which I hope will spark others, is a healing and sharing ride.

The first ride will be scheduled for Saturday January 21st at 1pm at Allaire’s Brisbane trails, weather permitting. We will ride at a comfortable social pace so all can enjoy and perhaps help one another.

Parking
4207–4219 Atlantic Ave
Wall Township, NJ 07727
United States

If crowded we can either park at Allaire Village or McCanns.

Again, this ride is for folk touched by cancer in some way but is open to anyone who has been through “the blender” in one form or another.
Hope to see you then!!

rick81721

Lothar
I had another post about this just to gauge interest and there was so here we go!

Almost everyone is going through, has gone through, has a close friend or relative, or has lost someone due to cancer. Many have it and keep it to themselves and suffer in silence, I have made my journey through the blender public on this forum and so many have helped me so far and I am truly humbled and grateful. My hope for this ride is to bring a group of folk who have dealt with this dreaded disease in one way or another together for camaraderie and share your journey if you like….or just attend to show support. This ride, which I hope will spark others, is a healing and sharing ride.

The first ride will be scheduled for Saturday January 21st at 1pm at Allaire’s Brisbane trails, weather permitting. We will ride at a comfortable social pace so all can enjoy and perhaps help one another.

Parking
4207–4219 Atlantic Ave
Wall Township, NJ 07727
United States

If crowded we can either park at Allaire Village or McCanns.

Again, this ride is for folk touched by cancer in some way but is open to anyone who has been through “the blender” in one form or another.
Hope to see you then!!

Totally forgot about this. Great idea and wish I could make it.

Ironically, I will be Wisconsin with my best friend whos wife just died from ovarian cancer and now he has glioblastoma. This might be the last big family/friends get together with him. 😥

Frank

Sasquatch
Totally forgot about this. Great idea and wish I could make it.

Ironically, I will be Wisconsin with my best friend whos wife just died from ovarian cancer and now he has glioblastoma. This might be the last big family/friends get together with him. 😥
So sorry to hear, will keep him in my thoughts. 😞

Frank

Sasquatch
Something I realized a little while ago. When I chose the date for this ride , I was making sure it was NOT during chemo week and hadn’t thought it was a sort of anniversary for me. Sadly on January 21st 1984, I lost my dad to brain cancer…he was 54 at the time. I think this will make the ride even more special for me.

MMuller

I know cx bikes ridden by old guys are banned at Allaire but does that include Brisbaine too? Lost brother Steve (pictured) 1/29/20 and mother in law Gail 1/19/22, both to glioblastoma. Hope to see you there and great seeing you yesterday!

Victory shot.jpg

Top Bottom