The Kalmyk's Tinfoil Hat Happy Hour (aka Most Useless Thread on MTBNJ)

Scone lyfe is live

83557618-9D1A-4C4F-AF94-3200293A872C.jpeg

4E488F5D-9B11-4AE4-A8DC-4CF6B1D46385.jpeg

Its an unwax kinda day according to Gary

Last edited:
Hey @ChrisG

These were my great grandfathers buildings back when. I have plenty of memories playing in his office which was directly above the tattoo shop. Im sure you recall them as well.

View attachment 212578

View attachment 212579
Oh man, where do I begin?

The current Nail Shop space was a skate shop. I ordered my first pair of Vans there, in the spring of 1983.

The white building directly to the right (in the photo) was the original South River library. Of the countless vital things my parents did for me, bringing me there frequently was a big one.

The space occupied by the Family Dollar was a Ben Franklin 5 & 10; a wonderful place for a little kid with some change in his pocket.

Thanks for thinking of me. 🙏🏼

Oh man, where do I begin?

The current Nail Shop space was a skate shop. I ordered my first pair of Vans there, in the spring of 1983.

The white building directly to the right (in the photo) was the original South River library. Of the countless vital things my parents did for me, bringing me there frequently was a big one.

The space occupied by the Family Dollar was a Ben Franklin 5 & 10; a wonderful place for a little kid with some change in his pocket.

Thanks for thinking of me. 🙏🏼
Oh man! I remember that skate shop but forgot the owners name.

Regarding the library, my moms response when i showed her the photos…

“OMG. South River. Library was to the right”

I knew this would bring back good memories!! 👊🏻

Last edited:
Spence was so pumped before his loop this Sunday. Scared me a bit, so I didn't grab my phone.

Let me know by dm what we needed?
I know a few things but I don't have a budget

Spence was so pumped before his loop this Sunday. Scared me a bit, so I didn't grab my phone.

Let me know by dm what we needed?
I know a few things but I don't have a budget

i was actually surprised and pumped to run into you. 🙂 I asked Dave if you were around when i got back but i think you left at that point.

Tons of police presence, aid station attendants seemed attentive and the SINGLETRACK 😍😍😍. If anyone complains about that, tell to buy a mtb, ride it a ton and come back next year, lol. The Course was well marked with the exception of one spot that i could see being very dangerous. Coming down a hill at speed and having to make a sudden hard right on a one lane bridge should be mentioned more than once with that amount of riders. I heard more than 5 people mention it. Not to end on that note, id say it was a job well done.

Edit: Maybe the second stop could have some real food? I.e bagels.

that i could see being very dangerous

i registered my complaint about it. small group had an accident there when a group right-hooked their own teammate.
I added a few more signs before getting to that split - you probably passed it before i did.

Someone got lost in the singletrack. ??? I know it went to survey tape at some point. I didn't mark that.
heading up there today to clean up.

Bagels - good idea. PBJ ???

Last edited:
Someone got lost in the singletrack. ??? I know it went to survey tape at some point. I didn't mark that.
heading up there today to clean up.

Bagels - good idea. PBJ ???

Must be an un mtber,lol.

Pbj is messy and gets soggy. Bagels can be carried neatly and break off pieces when needed

Back
Top Bottom