The MetsThread

qclabrat

No chance
Though this Harvey nonsense is f'n up what should be a great drive into the playoffs
Typical freakin Mets, so much easier being a Yankee fan

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
That dude took ten years off my life.... Easy. Walk the bases loaded then worm his way out of it......

yeah, but he is under here..

IMG_3590.JPG

on the other hand....armando benitez - sets save record in the regular season, blows lead against the evil empire in game 1 of the subway series. series over....

Pagliacci

My youngest daughter was born on September 12th, 2007. The Mets had 17 games to go with a magic number of seven.

With the baby out and healthy and on her way to the nursery, and my wife surrendering to sedatives, I sat down (still in the O.R., wearing the scrubs they gave me) and fished out my phone to check the score. They beat the Braves that day and I clearly remember thinking "they got this; the post season is a lock". Then they lost 5 in a row and 7 of the final 12.

It's REALLY hard being a Mets fan, but I could never be a Yankee fan; I don't own any track pants, wife beaters, or gold chains.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Kenny Rodgers throwing ball 4 w bases loaded against Atlanta 11thinning game 7 nlcs 1999.

It's just what mets fans do. Wait for the jets thread in January!!!

rlb

They beat the Braves that day and I clearly remember thinking "they got this; the post season is a lock". Then they lost 5 in a row and 7 of the final 12.

It's REALLY hard being a Mets fan, but I could never be a Yankee fan; I don't own any track pants, wife beaters, or gold chains.

This was my first thoughts as the bullpen desperately tried to give away runs last night. Should have let Syndergaard finish! 2 hits in a row after retiring 14 straight, he would have figured it out.

Anyway, sweep and clinch!!!!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This will be an entertaining thread to follow. First when their season ends in disappointment, and then when Cespedes signs elsewhere.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
What I don't like is that they haven't played a good team except the Yankees in like a month. And they dropped two of three to the Yankees, including that sickening Harvey game. I think they can beat L.A. in the NLDS, but I don't like any option they could face (including the Cubs) in the NLCS. But who knows? If you look at how bad they were at the All-Star break, the fact that I'm pretty sure they'll lock up their spot in the next few days and probably win 90 games is pretty amazing. I'll be at the first NLDS game at CitiField, and I'm almost hoping it's on Monday 10/12 because that would mean they don't have home field, and right now they're playing like crap at home.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The Cubs? Who fears the Cubs in the playoffs?

* caveat: no clue if the Cubs have suddenly gotten unshitty when it matters

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The Cubs? Who fears the Cubs in the playoffs?

* caveat: no clue if the Cubs have suddenly gotten unshitty when it matters
They swept the mets in both of their series.

I knew this thread wood bring @jShort in but he still wait for team green to sniff something close to the top. Typically by all star break I am done because well the mets are done but this year they ruined my summer. But what and Agust they had that was some fun games September too. I could care a less if they sign YC they have enough chips and now with playoffs money to be good for a while. It's good to be a Meta fan right now and hopefully for a few years to come.

Top Bottom