Things that make you frown :(

Verizon. Daughter called about random issue, unrelated to her plan, when the sales person advised her, by the way, you're paying way too much for your outdated service plan. Sold her on a new cheaper plan, saying the rate is guaranteed for 2 years. Sounded good and said ok.

They DID NOT say in they're sales pitch that it was a locked in plan that you can't break. She found out when she moved and went to cancel the plan and got hit with a $900 cancelation fee. That's when they pointed it out on the bottom of a bill.

At no time was she told by the sales rep. This is out right fraud, bait and switch, no? Legal options? Small claims?

Verizon. Daughter called about random issue, unrelated to her plan, when the sales person advised her, by the way, you're paying way too much for your outdated service plan. Sold her on a new cheaper plan, saying the rate is guaranteed for 2 years. Sounded good and said ok.

They DID NOT say in they're sales pitch that it was a locked in plan that you can't break. She found out when she moved and went to cancel the plan and got hit with a $900 cancelation fee. That's when they pointed it out on the bottom of a bill.

At no time was she told by the sales rep. This is out right fraud, bait and switch, no? Legal options? Small claims?

Curious, why not just take the plan with her, unless maybe moving abroad?

Good luck, i've got no idea on any legal end.

Probably not, somewhere she likely
Signed something that had the conditions on it.

Reactions: rlb
Going on fuzzy memory from the last time I did this, it I think they text you a link with something to sign while you're on the phone
100% verbal. At no time did agent point her to a website with offer. She only said she could lower her bill with faster speed (400 to 500! No difference!) And lock the rate in for 2 years, never explaining it's a contract with penalties.

tell them you want to take the service with you when you move, if they cant provide service at your new address they "waive" the cancellation fee. At least thats how it worked last time i moved since then its their fault you aren't continuing the contract. Not sure how they would work around that but ya never know.

100% verbal. At no time did agent point her to a website with offer. She only said she could lower her bill with faster speed (400 to 500! No difference!) And lock the rate in for 2 years, never explaining it's a contract with penalties.

Pretty F-ed up!

If nothing was signed then request the recording of the call. They'll need to show that the agent outright specified there is a cancellation fee. If the agent didn't say it, or if they conveniently don't have the recording, then they can't prove it was communicated and have to waive the fee.

If you get nowhere w/ usual call center chain of command, don't waste too much time and look up the Verizon Wireless CEO's e-mail address and e-mail him/her directly with your complaint. I did this more than once w/ Verizon years ago and each time they (not the CEO, but they have a team to handle this type of stuff) immediately responded and made things right. More than once I got multi-year credits to my account (when I kept the service active of course, that doesn't apply to you, but no reason they can't refund the penalty).

I've taken this route w/ other companies as well. I don't care to waste hours of my time w/ call centers waiting for a "manager" to get back to me only to find they have no power to do much.

How did I even discover this works? Years ago I built the executive support team at my company and saw this all first hand. You wouldn't believe how even the most minor issues were escalated to someone in the C-Suite. As I said, they have a team of people to handle these issues and their marching orders are "make this right, make the customer happy."

I have a 100% success rate with this method. Small sample size yes, about half a dozen, but still a decent example.

7b525173-f544-4d66-ba96-4d78f68f26ba_text.gif

tell them you want to take the service with you when you move, if they cant provide service at your new address they "waive" the cancellation fee. At least thats how it worked last time i moved since then its their fault you aren't continuing the contract. Not sure how they would work around that but ya never know.
This. 100%

If she's moving to a location that doesn't have the same service then it should be automatically waived. If the service is actually available in the new location then make sure there's no moving fee associated to it and let them move it...

Big box shops who can't install tires properly. Was dark and raining when I picked up the car so didn't see it till this morning as I was pulling out to drive into NYC. Going to bring it back for them to fix the problem and recheck the others. Zero confidence of capabilities. PXL_20240229_134401922.jpg

Big box shops who can't install tires properly. Was dark and raining when I picked up the car so didn't see it till this morning as I was pulling out to drive into NYC. Going to bring it back for them to fix the problem and recheck the others. Zero confidence of capabilities. View attachment 233578
Who ever installed that should be fired. Completely unaware of quality control.

Wow, it gets worse. Bring the car in for the fix, get it back then realized I forgot to give them the wheel lock key. They apparently set the tire on the rim with it on the car. Gonna pull out the jack tomorrow and check each tire and pressure myself.

If the lock key was in the car they probably found it.

Tire shops also have kits which have the common keys

Back
Top Bottom