Things that make you smile :)

does the post look like an afterthought? look at the base.
Concrete looks different.
i'll fix it with a sawzall,
bought it this way. all the model houses in this development are the same. its possible it was repaired before I bought this house in 2003. This whole development is from 1969-1971.

I have the same annoying post in the middle of my garage which is just always in the way. Got an estimate from this company to laminate on a piece of steel to the existing beam and remove the post:

would love to do this when I have disposable income and retire - probably right around age 197.

Changed my mind. Builder should be shot.

I should ask my brother if he has the poles as he's in the neighborhood and probably same builder. There's no way he has them between his '57 Chevy and '66 Biscayne.
haha - I remember posting his Blue Biscayne/drag car here years ago and you were like - thats my brother.

off the top of my head I dont know if he has the same model house I do. but if he has 2 car garage it likely has the pole unless he removed it after he bought it.

Don't know if this is "old news" to many, but.
Drill a small 1/8 hole in your air cleaner just over the carb opening and before attempting a start,
insert the thin tube on the starting fluid can in there and give a spray, works great every time.
make sure the choke flap is in the open position first. Even some of my old friends never heard of this.

Don't know if this is "old news" to many, but.
Drill a small 1/8 hole in your air cleaner just over the carb opening and before attempting a start,
insert the thin tube on the starting fluid can in there and give a spray, works great every time.
make sure the choke flap is in the open position first. Even some of my old friends never heard of this.
I read this as Pete is out of touch thinking people drive with carburetors still and then had to realize you weren't talking about cars.

Whole house or portable? I should replace mine before it has any problems. It's 15 years old
I should get one before the next problem, lol. Power was out from 9pm on Tuesday to 5am this morning (Thursday). House went down to 59 degrees. Not bad considering I keep it at 64.
Right past my driveway when leaving for work Wednesday morning:
20240110_061406.jpg
From a township email:
Screenshot_20240110_140425_Gmail.jpg
This morning. New pole:
20240111_082636.jpg
Opened up my freezers and ice was still frozen, as were the bags of veggies and stuff. I'll probably toss the leftovers in the fridge though. Overall, not a terrible experience. Any longer though and I may not be so happy about it.

Back
Top Bottom