Tourne County Park Conditions

Ran into that tree yesterday, it's on the large size and it's definitely a flow killer coming through that rock garden ledge clockwise.

Great conditions last night. Dry, trending towards dusty and could use a little rain, but still great conditions.

Also, I saw the trail crew working on the connector from the new green trails to red. Much thanks for your work!! All of the new trials here ride really well, and vastly improve the overall trail network.

so...
1 is a broken tree with a huge vine hanging across the trail.
2 is a massive tree that is down
3 is a tree across the trail but suspended 6 inches off the ground
4 is a tree that fell and someone stacked branches around it

Attachments

• 09.10 - red trail.png
    09.10 - red trail.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 1 - vine.jpg
    1 - vine.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 81
  • 2 - tree.jpg
    2 - tree.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 3 - tree.jpg
    3 - tree.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 4 - tree.jpg
    4 - tree.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 88
so...
1 is a broken tree with a huge vine hanging across the trail.
2 is a massive tree that is down
3 is a tree across the trail but suspended 6 inches off the ground
4 is a tree that fell and someone stacked branches around it
I bonked my head on a tree across white today. I ducked my head, didn't duck my helmet enough.
Did Orange get nerfed? The rock gardens seem a lot easier and a bit less fun now, more smoothed out. I'd call it a blue trail, not a black. Still fun, though.

I bonked my head on a tree across white today. I ducked my head, didn't duck my helmet enough.
Did Orange get nerfed? The rock gardens seem a lot easier and a bit less fun now, more smoothed out. I'd call it a blue trail, not a black. Still fun, though.
Road Orange Saturday afternoon, crazy loose. Definitely tricky on a short travel bike. I feel like the for the whole park the rain washed away the dirt and we are left with large loose rocks. New section is packing in really well and a solid blue.

Orange actually felt no different today for me but the bigger issue is this massive blowdown on purple. Definitely needs chainsaw work.@Berms&Boofs should I let Amy know or have you already?
IMG_9421.jpeg

IMG_9430.jpeg

Conditions were good. New trail is cool but had a hard time trying to figure out the route with the multiple intersections. Was gonna post about same purple and red trees too. Actually 2 on purple right near eachother:
20230917_132827.jpg

20230917_132641.jpg

And right in middle of red switchbacks
20230917_133622.jpg

And is my trailforks wonky or did red and blue on the south side of the swamp turn into hiking only trails?
Screenshot_20230917-205149_Trailforks.jpg

Are you riding Orange clockwise of counter clockwise?

There was a shooting at Tourne yesterday, apparently at an NR BBQ at the ballfield pavilion. Seems somebody thought it was a good idea to unload his rifle. Nobody was shot, but it sure did cause a commotion. We high tailed it up the mountain to get away from that area until the cops came. State troopers and all on the screen, had a guy surrounded and appeared to be questioning him.

Are you riding Orange clockwise of counter clockwise?
Clockwise. I did it counterclockwise once, it wasn't as much fun that way. Good trials training, though. At least, it was before. I feel like a step-up is missing now.

Uh, what's the NR in an NR BBQ?

There was a shooting at Tourne yesterday, apparently at an NR BBQ at the ballfield pavilion. Seems somebody thought it was a good idea to unload his rifle. Nobody was shot, but it sure did cause a commotion. We high tailed it up the mountain to get away from that area until the cops came. State troopers and all on the screen, had a guy surrounded and appeared to be questioning him.
That was crazy - I thought that guy was messing with me when i was heading back to my car. Any cops by your lot? I was almost tempted getting some BBQ food, but i didn't want to mess with those peoples lol.

holy crap! I was there while the big BBQ was happening but musta left before the incident

So THAT’S what all the LEO’s were there for. We cam off orange and decided to skip Red so headed down the gravel road toward the main lot. Had to be at least 10, maybe 12 police cars from different jurisdictions there. Lights a flashing, but otherwise pretty much under control. We were able to pedal through the lot to be on our way but it was pretty freaky.

Shows how good an eye witness is. When I got back to my car the lot was swarming with police and a woman smoking a cigarette told me, "some lady got out of her car with a stick and was waiving it around and yelling".

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions