Tuesday Night beginner Rides.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Starting April 9th 2013 @ 6pm sharp (conditions permitting), JORBA will bring back a very fun weekly event...the Allaire Tuesday Beginner Group Ride. Our rides are for the beginner or folk not familiar with Allaire, we all ride in one group, and we are only as fast as the slowest rider so you don't have to worry about being dropped. Speed demons need not apply, and leave the Heart Rate Monitors at home. We also have a great cast of characters that are happy to give you tips on how to avoid some of the bumps and bruises we've all experienced. The only requirements are a bike, a helmet, water, and a sense of humor. According to the sunset calendar, we should have 1.5 hrs to squeeze the ride in. We hope you can attend.

Mike_243 + night + ride + Allaire + public post... I thought the wind had changed for a second there

Well you do have the sense of humor.... it is a rite of spring to start the ride series... just like the swallows returning to Capistrano :)

Glad to see it is that time again, also glad that I am no longer in Philly this year and will be able to tag along.:D

I am looking forward into riding again, a year off the bike is way to long..
I will be the slowest person there..

I don't know about that Ron...I will be joining for the first time...may take this role away from you :)

I don't know about that Ron...I will be joining for the first time...may take this role away from you :)

No problem we normally watch Ron "fall down" so he won't mind if you take the slow crown :) good to hear you are getting back out Ron..

Tues...

Looking forward to riding this coming Tues, been there 2 times with friends and just kinda rode the park on just about all the trails. Had a good time nonetheless though. Just want to learn how to properly do a lap on the orange trail. Besides, I have my own bike now..no more rentals...hiphiphooray:D

Although a bit of a ride from Morristown, this could be a ton of fun. I too have been off the bike since October so I need something to brush off the cobwebs...

Anyone from the North Jersey region looking to head down, give me a holler and maybe we can carpool

It will be a few more weeks before we can attend. Looking foward to it! For anyone that is the least bit hesitant about coming to this ride do yourself a favor and go! No one is left behind, its geared toward the beginning rider , the Jorba people are helpful and supportive and its paced for the slowest,most out of shape rider. Its also a great way to learn the trails of Allaire. You can thank me in a few weeks when you see the big green tandem out there.:D
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

I can't make it this week but will be there next week, seems like a fun way to celebrate my birthday. Just hope I keep the tires on the ground this time instead of bouncing off the back of my helmet.

these rides are as Frank would say a "leave your heartmeeter in the car" pace. it is a way to get out on the trails and meet other people plus listen to witty banter for a few hours...hope to see you there.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions