Turbo's Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh,July 9. It's been a stressful few months. May I raced the Pickle series and maybe got 8th overall in open for the series? Despite having covid after the 2nd round. Since then I raced Shenanduro 6 hour mob race(think a tt first half before a murder climb to end each lap with the most fun part of mohican single track. Anyways, I done decent and have been building. Volume has been low this year but TSS still similar to year's past. Not sure how this will pan out. I did my first road race (Giro Di Coppi) and misunderstood something before I signed up. The short of it is it was 1400' in 12.6 miles per lap, I got the start time wrong and started last row...this lead to a tough yo-yoing first last and getting dropped on the last climb ass the guy in front of me ran directly over a branch and damned near stopped. I should have dug deep for 15-20 sec but thought I could catch back on. Wrong...I TT'd for two laps before picky blowing up and being caught by the top 3 women, the follow vehicle and pulled before the last lap. LOL.
I found a fun group road ride on Thursdays(the turtle ride from Urbana green turtle restaurant). It's a spicy, punchy throw your shots kinda ride with a couple cat 2 roadies in there to keep you honest. I also built a new air 9 single speed which is almost identical geo to my Ibis exit and rides like it too. Let's see how Wilderness 101 goes in 2 weeks. Thanks @xc62701 for the discounted reg transfer!

I was doing about 1500 two years ago
1500?

bullshit-unbelievable.gif

The 8 hr ride above was a training ride not the race.
yes, but do you see the issue of getting to 1500 in a week? you spent 8 hrs to get to 533....you would essentially need to ride 16more hours at this level to get to a tss of 1500 for a week.

Or you could break it up to something easier...like doing 45 sets of 20min intervals (plus a few extra) at your ftp in a week.

im certainly not a professional but I think your TSS is training peaks is wrong, something isnt adding up

I do a weekly training crit down here, ride to and from at endurance pace, 1 hour long session and come back home with a TSS of 147 at 2:27 moving time
or a 4.5 hour endurance ride at 200w (FTP 294) and net 207 TSS

that ride you did july 8 was 2:20 and seems pretty endurance based with some efforts and calculated 149?

yes, but do you see the issue of getting to 1500 in a week? you spent 8 hrs to get to 533....you would essentially need to ride 16more hours at this level to get to a tss of 1500 for a week.

Or you could break it up to something easier...like doing 45 sets of 20min intervals (plus a few extra) at your ftp in a week.
Incorrect. That 8 hr ride was z2. I had several interval days of 2-3 hours last week that got me 200 plus. I was also running a goos amount then which is basically double tss for same time. I do not have a power meter on my mountain bike so maybe that throws things off a little bit but even looking at some of my rides, they look relative to my road bike rides.

im certainly not a professional but I think your TSS is training peaks is wrong, something isnt adding up

I do a weekly training crit down here, ride to and from at endurance pace, 1 hour long session and come back home with a TSS of 147 at 2:27 moving time
or a 4.5 hour endurance ride at 200w (FTP 294) and net 207 TSS

that ride you did july 8 was 2:20 and seems pretty endurance based with some efforts and calculated 149?
1689101261212.png
This was a hard hillride a couple weeks back with pm and hr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom