Wawayanda Down Trees - Intel? Crowd Sourcing Your Observations...

Any other trees come down during the last storm?
I hit wall, porcurpine, rockadendren, mojo, hemlock+loaded, fish, tombstone and rattlesnake on Christmas morning and did not come across anything down. Lots of washed out spots but less than you would think. Trails had sticks and branches to wreck derailleurs but we kicked those off the trail where we came upon them (read sucked into our drivetrains) Drivetrains all survived.

I hit wall, porcurpine, rockadendren, mojo, hemlock+loaded, fish, tombstone and rattlesnake on Christmas morning and did not come across anything down. Lots of washed out spots but less than you would think. Trails had sticks and branches to wreck derailleurs but we kicked those off the trail where we came upon them (read sucked into our drivetrains) Drivetrains all survived.
Thank you!!!

I know the feeling. Sometimes you just gotta get out and throw some chips. There's this little head bopper on hemlock that will need some attention.
PXL_20231225_133849671.jpg

Any other trees come down during the last storm?

Not sure how many people ride Wingdam but there's a large tree down across the steep section near the top. Didn't get a pic but it's prob 18" in diameter.

Last edited:
Bill...clockwise on Gravity...right after the narrow, rocky descent...through the stream...start to head uphill and it’s right there...

Attachments

• A45D3FE1-8374-4D60-A9CA-24618C35BA67.jpeg
    A45D3FE1-8374-4D60-A9CA-24618C35BA67.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 29
Big pine trunk across sitting bear in the rhodos.

An old one on timber(? south end ?) is leaning into a tree on the other side of the trail.
Passable.

There were a couple other ones, small. I'll get them with the silky.

I'm going up today (maybe) and Friday (def) - will get some exact locations,
and an update.

There are three trees down on laurel when you make a left out of sitting bear. First one is decent sized and about five feet off the trail suspended by the rock walls on either side of the trail.

There are three trees down on laurel when you make a left out of sitting bear. First one is decent sized and about five feet off the trail suspended by the rock walls on either side of the trail.

Rode up there yesterday, going back today.

Laurel Pond isn't going to be a priority, that should be the park, because they use that for SAR.
never know tho.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions