What are you watching now?

Almost through the first season of Halo from Paramount+. I was never a gamer, but there were two games I always loved on my Xbox - Hitman and Halo. Halo was by far my favorite (one time during a snow day I think I played it for 15 hours straight.) The series is fantastic - not sure if they'll even reach the Halo before the end of the season at this point, but I love the way they've handled the storyline. If you're a sci-fi fan, definitely worth checking out. At this point, I think it may be a toss-up between this and Apple TV's Foundation as "best special effects." Just the first 10 minutes of this series will pull you in.

The Whale
We each live in our own world?
Can't run from your true self? (Lao-tzu?)
Worth the watch.

Everything Everywhere All at Once
Kindofa shot at Kill Bill, NBK, Clockwork, an updated 12 Monkeys vibe, with a hint of Ratatouille
And you can run from your true self......
Watch when in the mood for mindless fantasy action comedy family drama.
Don't look for any deep meaning - just enjoy the spoofing of some classics.

Just finished The Night Agent on Netflix.
Acting was so so, but the plot line was kind of fun. Need to suspend a little disbelief, but if you can it’s entertaining.

In the background, running through NYPD Blue. Yes. I said that.
Enjoying it as much as I did when it was live.

My daughter loves watching Bob Ross on PBS. So just watched the Bob Ross documentary on Netflix. Needless to say I won't be buying my kid any Bob Ross products....

My daughter loves watching Bob Ross on PBS. So just watched the Bob Ross documentary on Netflix. Needless to say I won't be buying my kid any Bob Ross products....

Why needless to say? I’d say it’s quite the opposite for those of us that aren’t going to watch it. I’ll assume by your comment that it’s not a positive documentary.

Why needless to say? I’d say it’s quite the opposite for those of us that aren’t going to watch it. I’ll assume by your comment that it’s not a positive documentary.
He worked with a group of people that helped him gain popularity, and market products. To me it seems that this stole his likeness and name from the family. Zero profit goes to them. Bob Ross Incorporated at zero ties to Bob Ross's family. I know it's business still seemed wrong.

The Whale
We each live in our own world?
Can't run from your true self? (Lao-tzu?)
Worth the watch

We saw it last night. Suicide by eating after unable to cope with loss. Tho Liz constantly feeding his addiction was puzzling.

BF was amazing.

Season 4 of Manifest. Still holding interest, tho I really can't stand Zeke. Wished he stayed dead!

The first episode of Silo drops on Apple TV+ on Friday. I'm super excited about this; the novels that it's based on were really awesome.

I enjoyed the novels a lot. That said, the trailer already has me scratching my head. Hopefully I'm wrong and they do a good job.

Same thing happened with Foundation. Read the books, fired up the series on Apple TV+ and within 10 minutes was completely like "huh?"

I enjoyed the novels a lot. That said, the trailer already has me scratching my head. Hopefully I'm wrong and they do a good job.

Same thing happened with Foundation. Read the books, fired up the series on Apple TV+ and within 10 minutes was completely like "huh?"
I was thinking the same thing, but am only halfway through the novels so don't know what I'm missing yet.

Into the second season of “100 Foot Wave” on HBO.

I very much enjoyed the first season, and the second season has maintained the same high standards.

The surfers have interesting personal stories, the cinematography is gorgeous, and the surfing is often mind-blowing.

Into the second season of “100 Foot Wave” on HBO.

I very much enjoyed the first season, and the second season has maintained the same high standards.

The surfers have interesting personal stories, the cinematography is gorgeous, and the surfing is often mind-blowing.
Yeah, I'm into this show, too. Everything about it is just a different world than the one I know. Those guys court death every day just to stand on a piece of plexiglass on a wall of water. It's insane and I can totally understand why they do it. Although I wouldn't even want to be on the actual beach myself - I'm good standing up on the lighthouse and just watching. I really want to take a trip to Nazare during the big swell season just to *see* those waves up close. (Since it happens at winter, I wonder if I could get lucky and see real waves and then head up to Belgium in one trip for Kerstperiode week after Xmas ...)

Bupkis -

kinda the level of Letter Kenny only on Staten Island.
and lots of star power.

Just finished Lucky Hank. Eh, it's no Better Call Saul.

One episode of Drive to Survive left. Really sucks you into Formula 1 racing. Too bad the normal race coverage is no where near as good as this series.

Just a heads up for anyone like myself who has been living under a rock, apparently: I just saw that season 6 of Black Mirror is being released on June 15. I had no idea they were even making another season. The trailer looks pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom