What have you done to your bike today?

It's almost done. Just have to do the dropper cable then it's rideable.
20231216_162326.jpg

The Swizard (That's Swole Wizard) got its first bath today.

After a trip through the fire roads of a damp Allaire the other week, I saw just how...filthy it had gotten. Coupled with a ride down the gravel-y bit of the Henry Hudson today, and it was definitely time.

Replaced the sensor batteries while I was at it. I had actually replaced the speed one the other day, but the battery was bad, apparently. Don't know how people actually ride with the 'GPS' speed.

View attachment 228431
This is really awesome. It's like an 80s lugged bike frame with new components and big honking tires.

This is really awesome. It's like an 80s lugged bike frame with new components and big honking tires.

Thanks. It's a Crust, and that's pretty much their whole 'thing'. I sat on buying one several years ago, when it was a rim brake bike (can still get it, though). It's no longer made from super light tubing, so it's portley-er than it needs to be, but that also makes it less scary when you whack something hard on a trail.

There's a guy I know who essentially had that bike built, just to fit the giant tires, several years ago. It's a transformative ride, especially on crappy roads/forestry roads.

There are only a few points I would change (remove the brazed in tube for routing the brake hose, and braze on a derailleur hanger.

What does one do with two Ti bikes? How does the geo differ from the other?
I don't understand your question. 😂. Actually they are quite different. The Sonder Signal is more of a shredder with more modern geometry sporting slacker HT angle, steeper ST angle, designed for 130mm fork, fit up to 29"x2.6" tires, etc. The Stanton Sherpa + is a 29er Plus bike capable of fitting 29"x3.0" tires that is designed to be more agile and for bike packing. It has steeper HT angle for better maneuverability and designed for 100-130mm fork or even rigid fork. It has all external cable routing except dropper and has bosses for rear rack. I didn't build it for bike packing though but if I wanted to I could in the future.

Got the cockpit adjusted just right with a shorter stem, Industry 9 35mm, with some new carbon Salsa bars and seat post. It had Next carbon bars on it when I got it but they had deep cut marks from the brakes and shifter, also delaminating on the inside.

Ditched a dropper post for the carbon one. I just didn’t use it, but I would have loved one of these in the ‘90’s when I was in my 20’s and sending it every chance I got. Just unnecessary complexity and weight now.
IMG_4719.jpeg

Got the cockpit adjusted just right with a shorter stem, Industry 9 35mm, with some new carbon Salsa bars and seat post. It had Next carbon bars on it when I got it but they had deep cut marks from the brakes and shifter, also delaminating on the inside.

Ditched a dropper post for the carbon one. I just didn’t use it, but I would have loved one of these in the ‘90’s when I was in my 20’s and sending it every chance I got. Just unnecessary complexity and weight now.
View attachment 229611
I ❤️ Bucksaws

View attachment 229611
Same for me with the fat bike, carbon post instead of dropper. Actually need to put on a longer stem and slide up the seat as I'm getting tire lifts on seated climbs.

I actually swapped the saddle on the gravel bike 2 weeks ago and took it for one ride before I was sick the last 2 weeks.

The FB MP saddle came in a few days early and it was perfect as new condition.

When I rode it 2 weeks ago it felt so much better than the Montrose I got that came with the bike. I did some research and it seems the Verse Elite or Comp models come stock on many of the Checkpoints. During the ride we crossed paths with some other riders we knew and one of the guys was riding the same bike as me and had the same saddle on further validating my choice.

Now I’ve got it all set up again with my saddle mounted Varia holder. I adjusted the seatpost a touch higher for a ride tomorrow since last ride it felt too low.

Montrose saddle will be posted for sale shortly.
IMG_3680.jpeg
IMG_3674.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom