What is your favorite trail system

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Not sure if this type of thread has been done before(probably), but curious what trail system that you have ridden is your favorite. This can be anywhere in the world, any type of mountain bike style, be it cross country, enduro, downcountry(I hate that term), downhill etc... I’m thinking about the places I’ve ridden so still making up my mind.

I initially tried to limit the question to one trail, but realized that is difficult for most people. After seeing so many great destinations people have recently posted on Strava during their vacations, it was time for me to start a bucket list of places to ride.

Last edited:
This is very hard to answer...some I love because of the scenery/vistas I'm riding through like in Idaho or Colorado. Others conjure up memories of an amazing ride with friends/family. Still others because "that one time i rode it I felt like Neo from the Matrix" and was in total flow state. That being said, one of my favorites is Chuckwagon in Sedona...in all seriousness most people probably wouldn't even remember this trail if they've ever ridden it...its not technical, but every time I ride it it just suits my riding style and I always feel like I'm flying...and the views are amazing...and I'm always riding with people I love to be around, so its a win win win for me. That being said, there are about 376 other trails I've ridden across the US that could be in the conversation for me.

Black Bear at KT in Vermont.

Can I have more than 1 answer?
Yes Sir. It’s your website so as many as you like😂. Speaking of awesome trials, your VT trip looks incredible. Kingdom is still on my list to go to.

This is very hard to answer...some I love because of the scenery/vistas I'm riding through like in Idaho or Colorado. Others conjure up memories of an amazing ride with friends/family. Still others because "that one time i rode it I felt like Neo from the Matrix" and was in total flow state. That being said, one of my favorites is Chuckwagon in Sedona...in all seriousness most people probably wouldn't even remember this trail if they've ever ridden it...its not technical, but every time I ride it it just suits my riding style and I always feel like I'm flying...and the views are amazing...and I'm always riding with people I love to be around, so its a win win win for me. That being said, there are about 376 other trails I've ridden across the US that could be in the conversation for me.
Another trail system on my list. Been there twice but still have not had an opportunity to ride. Next time for sure! I have seen chuck wagon on vids, great flow. Perfect for a short travel bike or hardtail. Love the colors of Sedona!

Agreed. I love that trail! There is some techy going up those stone stream bed drops, and the views are amazing.

Foot for foot I’d have to say Doctors Park in Crested Butte Co. Fairly boring climb up to top but flowy glades, rock gardens, steep sections and ending in a rocky switchback section with some exposure. It’s got it all.
And tons of Aspen trees😍. Another place on my list to try out . I really need to ride places other than NY/NJ 😁

Tunnel Ridge in Rochester, which we rode today, is an unbelievable work of art. I don't know that this makes my top 5 or anything, but it's fabulous. They just finished this a few weeks ago so it is mint. Like mint. Go ride it if you're up here.

@rottin' brings up a good point about Sedona. We had some great memories from that trip. I can't even name a single trail but I have some amazing memories there. To that point, I find many trails hold memories and that has a huge effect on your perception of it. As an example, if I had been shot on Tunnel Ridge today, I'd probably say it sucked.

It's so hard to say, what's your favorite, but for me Steven's is up there. It has such a great mix. Elm Ridge in Windham is pretty awesome as well. 15-20 years ago I rode some trails near Sugarbush Vermont, I cant remember the name, maybe someone on here knows. They we the bees knees! Jumps, rocks, flow, but also brutal up hills.

A sleeper system for me would be McDowell mountain in the scotsdale area. great scenery and fun trails.

Back
Top Bottom