WTB truck

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
noone wants a ford, unless they legitimately enjoy fixing it every weekend.

This reminds me… one last Ranger kick in the groin. Oil changes. The filter is behind the drivers side front wheel. I mean, behind it. You can’t believe how annoying that design is.

So DIY oil changes suck it.

Ok, I’m done bitching about my ride. All that said, this winter I took the whole family up to Quebec in it and the drive was cake. Did great in the snow up there and no major comfort complaints from the kids in the back. Again, the ride quality is worth these hassles.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
All this talk about pickups is quite entertaining. Reminds me of a comedian's skit, maybe Jim Gaffigan, saying people who use trucks as their daily driver is like walking around with an empty suitcase. Then he role plays:

-Hey, nice suitcase. Taking a trip?
-No but I could.

Hey, I can laugh at this because I used to have a pickup as my daily driver. Had it for 14 years and 300,000 miles so I'm a long time offender.

Oh, here's the skit Gaffigan on SUVs & Pick Ups

JDurk

Came here to say I love my ‘20 F-150 3.5 ecoboost. After having V-8 trucks all my life this surprised me with its power compared to my previous ‘13 5.0 F-150.
View attachment 208423
Waiting on a Transit with the Ecoboost to use as a daily driver, weekend adventure van and tow vehicle to replace my Tacoma. Already looking at this in case I experience what is described.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Guys who drive giant trucks are usually trying to compensate for some shortcoming. JM2C.

Seriously though, nothing is funnier than a pickup with miles which has a bed in immaculate condition.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Guys who drive giant trucks are usually trying to compensate for some shortcoming. JM2C.

Seriously though, nothing is funnier than a pickup with miles which has a bed in immaculate condition.
I wasn't going to say it but now I don't have to. I have a neighbor with a beautiful F-250 in some kind of fancy trim (Platinum?) which he keeps very clean. My wife isn't into cars and trucks and even she thought it looked nice. He's an elderly gentleman and has handicap plates on the truck. I can see it takes time for him to get in and out of it. In all the years he's had the truck I have never seen him putting anything in or taken anything out of the bed of the truck. In fact I can't even say I've seen anyone get in or out of the rear passenger seats. Every once in a while I see someone in the front passenger seat when I see it drive down the street. To some today's trucks are yesterday's Coupe DeVille or Continental.

Oh, I just remembered the funniest thing at Ikea. There was a huge lifted pickup with NY plates, I think it was an F-250 with a crew cab, trying to back into a spot. It was being driven by a woman with no less than 4 people outside trying to guide her in. I got the best view of what was going on because I was in that row trying to get by. I was laughing and my wife was less amused. I was laughing for multiple reason. The obvious one is watching them trying to squeeze into that particular spot because it was close to the entrance but there were plenty of spots open in the next section over where it was practically empty but further away. They could have just parked there and parked it diagonally if they wanted to and nobody would care but no, they had to have the closest spot available. Also, they decided to back the truck in rendering the tail gate inaccessible if they want to put anything in there that's large enough to require a pick up. Nice truck though but wasn't very functional. I should have stuck around and see how she was able to open the door and get out of it in that tight spot but my wife would have killed me.

Last edited:
Reactions: don

JerseyPete

And how many have tow packages and never tow anything?

Top Bottom