Notes from a Millennial

Those Dub eagle cranks are notorious for that shit. I bought a breaker bar and a $25 8mm hex head just for my cranks.

Like a dedicated socket? I used my Tekton 3/8 drive hex socket and it performed like a champ. Considering getting a 1/2" drive just in case for next time I need to break out the impact wrench.

I believe there is a benefit to the repetitive striking action of an impact gun (or hammer strike hand held) vs just a longer arm/more leverage.

How did I miss this thread?

Like the bench setup... A suggestion that I might make... Bc I used to keep my bleeding stuff and wheel tape in my drawers..... You just don't use them that much, so I have bins for that stuff... Less clutter in the drawers...

And I still like you despite your obsession with Matthew Stafford and use of the word "fiance'" 😁

get married on 2/22....tell everyone to send you gifts....skip actual wedding....spend money on ANYTHING else.....a hat collection...whatever...it will b e better spent I can assure you.
This. Only 4 bodies at my wedding, my wife, me, the minister and his wife (videographer/witness). The money (and not much of it) was mostly spent on the Maui vacation. We had the excuse of our families living in a different continent, made several relatives unhappy regardless. It was great. I laugh when I hear about Italian weddings...

wait until 2024 and get married on Feb. 29... then you only have to celebrate once every 4 years from what i hear.

@Santapez

giphy.gif

I ain't paying, that's for sure. If it was up to us we'd have a small ceremony in a park and then a restaurant "reception". That being said, my future in-laws can spend their money on whatever they choose lol. They have far more money than they know what to do with anyway so they're basically paying for it. We're still going to have a very small wedding all things considered. Not spending anywhere even close the median $36k in NJ.

And nope, the ring wasn't a diamond either lol. #SoMillennial
Your inlaws will make you pay. It's just not in money.

$36k? Holy crap.

Almost all of our friends are looking at just venues that run $30-50k in the offseason.

It's absolutely criminal how much people drop into what amounts to a one day party. Our top choice right now is actually Mountain Creek which is quite affordable for Northern NJ.

My daughter's ceremony and reception were at the Sussex County fairgrounds, which has a good sized hall.

Recommend.

I actually planned out an entire destination wedding weekend in Vermont and I think 36k would have easily covered it plus paying for everyone's travel.

Luckily that didn't work out and I got a better local wedding.

My advice is definitely just do a quick wedding at town Hall with immediate family with nice restaurant after.

Tell everyone you'll still do the big wedding later. And then... don't.

It's crazy to pay for an expensive wedding, but they’re fun as hell to go to. We have one at Hamilton Farms country club and I'm looking forward to wining and dining on my wife's uncle's brother tab!

Almost all of our friends are looking at just venues that run $30-50k in the offseason.

It's absolutely criminal how much people drop into what amounts to a one day party. Our top choice right now is actually Mountain Creek which is quite affordable for Northern NJ.
Our plan was to keep it small but we buckled under family pressure. Made it a sorta destination wedding in Cape May. Church ceremony then walked to a rented big house. Had the reception in the back yard. Bought our own booze, had a local restaurant do cocktail hour food for a few hours and everything was over by 6:30pm. If we had the reception at the restaurant with the # of guests sit down dinner, it would have cost us much more, like almost double.

Pro tip, do as I say, not as I did. Make sure you eat more than just a few shrimp while glad handing all the guest.

My wife and I had two weddings. We spent a week in Miami with our closest family and friends and then got married on the beach, had a brief reception, and then hopped on a cruise. We had the big Italian reception a month later in NJ. If you're gonna get married, I suggest two weddings instead of zero weddings.

Our plan was to keep it small but we buckled under family pressure. Made it a sorta destination wedding in Cape May. Church ceremony then walked to a rented big house. Had the reception in the back yard. Bought our own booze, had a local restaurant do cocktail hour food for a few hours and everything was over by 6:30pm. If we had the reception at the restaurant with the # of guests sit down dinner, it would have cost us much more, like almost double.

Pro tip, do as I say, not as I did. Make sure you eat more than just a few shrimp while glad handing all the guest.
My wife and I did similar had a small wedding in PA family dinner after we rented 10 Broadway in cape may and had a party for a week food drinks all our friends came down said it was best wedding reception ever

I ain't paying, that's for sure. If it was up to us we'd have a small ceremony in a park and then a restaurant "reception". That being said, my future in-laws can spend their money on whatever they choose lol. They have far more money than they know what to do with anyway so they're basically paying for it. We're still going to have a very small wedding all things considered. Not spending anywhere even close the median $36k in NJ.

And nope, the ring wasn't a diamond either lol. #SoMillennial

We were blessed to have my wage as a best buy supervisor to pay for our wedding 8k all in 60 something people at schooleys

Considering her dress and the photographers costed 6k we did good. Steak, and alcohol for 60 was surprisingly cheap. The lodge was 700 or 800 and we did all the flower arrangements our selves the night before.

A&M-8723.jpg

I suggest you demand to be on a horse for your entire wedding day, from sunup to sundown. And carry a shotgun.

I went to a wedding where the bride rode in on a horse. I don't think anyone carried a shotgun, but I'm sure there was one on the property.

Back
Top Bottom